Christmas Tree (Jacksepticeye)

Date: December 27th

Day 3

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Crash!

"I think we broke something," both you and your boyfriend stated at the same time.  Then there was a bit of silence, and you broke down laughing.

"Which one do you think it was?" Seán asked after you both calmed down, sifting through the many ornaments for the Christmas tree, either fragile or not.

"Oh, I hope it's not my birthday one," you said quietly, grabbing the familiar bubble wrapped figurine, and unwrapping it quickly.  It was one that Seán had made for you, a little septiceye with hearts in their pupil.  It was, luckily, still intact, and you breathed a sigh of relief.

"Oh.  It was this one." Your boyfriend had a small snowman in his hand.  The head had chipped off and was rolling in his palm a bit away from the body.

"Oh, well.  At least it wasn't a milestone one," you sighed.  He nodded, placing the broken glass snowman on the counter for him to dispose of properly later.  You looked through the bin and picked up one that was inside a jewelry box.  Slowly opening it, you grinned, turning to Seán.

"Look at this one!" You held out a small cube, just about the size of the tip of your index finger.  When you looked into it, however, it was a picture of Seán and you.  You were sitting on his lap, kissing him lovingly.  You remembered that day well.

"I remember how beautiful you looked," he chuckled as he walked up behind you. "It's not like I don't see you like that every day, though."

You gave him a small smile as you handed the cube to him to look for another one.

"As long as this one isn't gone, our tree will always be perfect." You picked up another ornament and showed it to him.  It was two gingerbread men, holding hands and smiling at each other.  Two candy canes were behind them, shaped like a large heart.

"Oh, I remember when Mark gave us this one," he gasped. "It was when he and you first met after I told him we were dating." He rolled it around in his hand, studying it almost as if he was looking at it for the first time.  He seemed like he was reliving the memories.

Slowly, as to not surprise him, you walked to him and wrapped your arms around his waist.

"I love you, darling," you whispered into his ear.

"I love you too," he smiled, pecking your forehead. "Let's get this tree set up, huh?  Then I'll make us some hot cocoa." You agreed wholeheartedly.

"How long has it been?" you asked Seán.

"'Bout twenty minutes.  Almost done," he grunted, just as he finished wrapping the lights around the tree.  You bother stepped back, admiring your handiwork.

"We forgot something!" you exclaimed.

"We did," Seán agreed, and spun you around, leaning towards you slowly to kiss you.  You stopped him with a smirk, putting your finger between his and your lips.

"We forgot that, but also something else," you sighed, pointing to the top of the tree.  The star was still missing.

"Oh.  Yeah, putting that up would be a good idea," he nodded.  He grabbed the gold-painted star and handed it to you. "Would you like to put it up?"

"Thanks.  Give me more of a risk to fall and break my neck," you joked.  He frowned.

"I-I didn't mean it like that," he said, trying to fix his mistake.

"I was just busting your chops," you laughed, taking the star from his hands and climbing up onto the chair so you could reach the top of the tree.

"Yeah, well, my chops have been busted enough," he huffed, crossing his arms while you gently placed the star upon the top of the tree.  When you got down, you kissed his cheek again, and he smiled, grabbing your hand.

"Merry Christmas, love," he whispered in your ear, his warm breath making you shiver, the hairs on your arms and the back of your neck rising.  You didn't say anything, just rested your head on his chest and listened to the quiet thumping of his heartbeat.

Seán hummed a quiet Christmas tune as he fiddled with a remote; the lights wrapped around the Christmas tree turned on, and the two of you stared at the tree.

"We worked so hard on it.  It's beautiful," you whispered.

"Just like you," he smiled.  You giggled, and the two of you stayed standing a bit longer, just wasting time in each other's arms.

"You still owe me some hot chocolate, Seán."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Word count: 766