Elemental (Fireplier X Iceplier X Earthbender!Reader)

Suggested by: same_girl_another.

Messed up timelines and sad ipliers make great confusion.

I changed your request up a bit, but I hope you don't mind.

==========================

"I'll be back when I'm ready, Merlin, I promise," you assured your mentor.  He just smiled and wrapped his arms around you.

"I know.  I'm just so proud of you for making this choice.  It makes sense, though, having these two teach you... I'm just nervous and excited."

"It's for the good of the kingdom, Merlin.  Of course, I would go," you chuckled, patting his shoulder.

"You're so selfless," he sniffled.

"As you keep saying.  Now let me leave, or I'm going to be late meeting with them," you smirked, trying to pull away. "Seriously, you're so protective, you could be my father!"

"I wouldn't complain if you had to be my kid," he replied, and finally let go. "Now, go, before the waterworks come again."

"Alright.  Goodbye, Merlin. I'll be back before you can say 'Abracadabra'." As you turned your back to leave, you heard him mutter,

"Abracadabra."

You learned under the training of Merlin himself.  But now that you were almost of age to become the next wizard for the kingdom, you didn't think that you were ready.  So you told Merlin of your griefs, and he showed you these two men, twins, born alike and yet polar opposites.  They weren't wizards, but something more than that, something older than what he believed time itself.

They could control the elements.

But they weren't special.  Not anymore.  Now, you were there to go to them.  They could control fire and ice, one each, but you?  You could control all four.  Fire, water, wind, and earth.

And as you stood at the doorway of a small hut, you couldn't help but feel a bit nervous.  This was how far you had come, and you hadn't seen a single life form.  What if they had gone, moved, left?  Or worse, what if they had passed away without a single message to Merlin?  But no, it couldn't happen.  You had asked your teacher this, and he assured you that if the Guardians were to move on to another plane of existence, he would be the first to know about it.

And so, you were here.  You raised your hand to knock, but before you could, the door creaked open.

Inside was a crackling fire in a fireplace.  Two chairs sat in front of it, casting long shadows across the wooden floors.

"Who's it?" someone shouted as a tall frame appeared in the doorway, red flashing where eyes should be.  The sudden appearance made you fall back, shocked and afraid.

"Don't scare the newcomer.  They aren't here to hurt us," another voice said.  The figure stepped forward and into the light of the Sun, rather than the hearth.

It was one of them, the one that could control fire.

"I-I'm sorry to bother you," you breathed, backing away a bit.

"No, my apologies.  I shouldn't have scared you," the gruff voice of the first man said as he bent down to help you up. "I'm Fire.  The name, I mean, before you ask."

"No, I can tell." You certainly could.  The Earthbender's hair resembled that of flames, flickering and waving in the wind as it blew.  Even small embers were flying out of the hair every so often.  Even his voice matched fire, being gruff and angry, even though it had no intention of being that.