CHAPTER 4- TRICKED

Ahyan glanced at his watch and then at the LED screen, his plane is half an hour late. He sighed and relaxed on his chair. He continued reading his financial novel. After five minutes, he felt his stomach grumble, thanks to his mother over feeding him with her chole chawal. He had requested her to not feed him so much lest he vomit on plane but that didn't deter her. She kept feeding him and now he is having worse than nausea. He now has upset stomach.

He shoved his book into his laptop bag and walked towards the washroom.

After coming out from the bathroom wiping his hand with his handkerchief he heard a woman crying. She sat cuddled up in the corner, her face buried into her palms. Ahyan had wanted to walk away but the gentleman side of him didn't let him walk away from a crying woman.

'Hello!' he approached her casually. The woman looked in her early twenties.

He cleared her throat and the girl looked up at him, she looked terrified.

'May I...I help you?' he asked.

She kept crying and Ahyan looked around hopefully he could find a staff to help her out. He found no one, the washrooms were secluded.

'Excuse me, I want to help you. Tell me what is your problem.' He asked after a while. The woman stood up, she wiped her tears with the back of her palm and looked at him.

'I am lost. I was with my mother and now....' she leaned forward and placed her head on his shoulder and began crying. Ahyan felt uncomfortable when she clenched him and cried.

'Please don't cry.' He said trying not to touch to her.

'Please take me to my mother.' She cried. Ahyan nodded.

As they parted, the girl looked at him. He forced a smile, he doesn't know how to smile at a woman to make her feel better but he tried to flash a smile, it turned to be a formal one though.

'Wait I have a photo of my mother.' She said digging her hand into her purse. Ahyan watched her. She took out something.

Before Ahyan could understand anything, he felt something hit his eyes, something that burned his eyes.

'F***' he yelled rubbing his eyes, it made the pain even more horrible. He felt someone tug his bag. He fell to knees, he tried opening his eyes but it hurt him, very bad.

'How did your luggage get stolen? What color was the bag?' Ahyan is asked by a girl in the help desk counter. When he had gone to complain to the airport officer he was sent from counter to counter. As Ahyan tapped his fingers on the counter waiting for the police officer he was pretty sure the thief must have escaped. He groaned thinking it had his laptop, books, files, some cash, his tickets, and passport.

********************************

TING TONG....

'Ahyan?' Mrs. Malik gasped on seeing her son enter the mansion. A dejected look on his face.

Mr. Malik also climbed downstairs, he wore his glasses to have a better look.

'Kya hua?'

'Please Dad, you don't start now.' Ahyan said annoyed. Before his parents could pester him further he climbed upstairs.

Mrs. Malik flinched on hearing the slamming sound of Ahyan's room. His parents looked confusedly, then they heard him loudly cursing from inside his room.

'Something very bad must have happened.'

'Perhaps, the deal got canceled at the last minute.' Mr. Malik said and his wife gave a thoughtful nod.