CHAPTER 33- AHYAN IN LOVE?

'You all are Idiots, incompetent fools.' Ahyan scolded all his team members in the broad room. The air in the room tense. Except Kumar, everyone else are having a frightened look. Ahyan waved everyone out and sat on his chair. It had been just yesterday Ahyan had come and next day surprised everyone in office.

'Kumar, get the car.' Ahyan said massaging his forehead. Kumar nodded and rose from his seat. After he left the board room, Ahyan leaned forward and grabbed a glass of water. The numbers didn't look good now Ahyan has decided to go and personally check his hotels.

'Damn the traffic.' Ahyan cursed the heavy traffic. He loosened his tie. Paris was so cold, snowfall, rain, and Mahdia. Ahyan frowned.

'I think I am going mad.' He whispered to himself rubbing his forehead. He rolled down the window and stared out.

'Please sir, buy a rose.' Ahyan turned his head on hearing a soft female voice. He intended to wave the girl off but instead froze. He can't believe he is staring at Mahdia. She smiled at him holding a bunch of roses. There is a twinkle in her eyes and her nose stud glistening in the sunlight.

'Please, sir' she insisted. Ahyan is speechless, he just gaped at her.

'Sir, close the window, kids these days.' Kumar said irritated. Ahyan snapped out from the trance, he blinked and it turned out to be a little girl in rags selling flowers.

Damn! What is happening with him? Ahyan is terribly confused.

Ahyan smiled at the little girl, he got a flower from her and paid her. She smiled at him gratefully. As the traffic light cleared and their car sped away, Ahyan stuck his head out and watched the little girl's figure disappear. He leaned back resting his head on the seat.

Why is he thinking of Mahdia? Is it guilt or does he love her? Ahyan shook his head. No, No. Love? It is forbidden. His sister had loved once, and it destroyed so many lives. He can't do the same mistaken.

**************************************************

Later that night, Ahyan sat in the bar in the living room of his mansion. As he poured himself a drink a strong voice startled him, he turned his head finding his father standing beside him in his night robes. Ahyan glanced at the wall clock, 1 am. He then looked at his father who had his eyebrows raised.

'Work stress, Papa.' He said dropping two ice cubes into his glass. Mr. Malik smiled and placed his palm on his shoulder giving him a hard pat.

'You have done a very good job in Paris.' He complimented his son. Ahyan smiled taking a sip from his glass.

'You mind if I join you?' his father said.

'Of course, not, Papa.' Ahyan nodded instantly. He pulled out a chair for his father. Mr. Malik watched his son with pride as he made a drink for his father.

Ahyan looked at his father confused as he handed him a drink, 'I am so proud of you, my son.' He said. Ahyan felt immensely proud that his father is so happy with him, there is nothing else he wanted. Ahyan looked ahead, his mind wandering back to Mahdia.

'What is bothering you, my son?' his father asked. Ahyan shook his head gulping down another drink. His father smiled.

'Marriage Alliance?' Ahyan looked at his father who is smiling widely at him, 'Your mother has just given her 100% in it, looks like she will get you married within this year.' He finished. Mr. Malik then frowned noticing Ahyan's sad look. He then extended his hand and placed over his shoulder, 'Beta?' Ahyan nodded filling his glass and his father's glass.

'Is there anyone in your mind? You want to marry?' Ahyan froze as he held the ice-cubes hovering over his glass. He looked at his father, he looked serious.

'Son, I trust you. I trust you will never let us down. You aren't like Sadaf. I am sure you will make a better choice than her. Someone from our class, our status, also beautiful' He said nudging Ahyan's shoulder.

Ahyan had wanted to say, he will marry anyone his parents select but for obvious reasons he couldn't tell that. Ahyan just managed a small sad smile. Mr. Malik patted his shoulder and climbed down the bar-stool.

'Go and sleep beta, you must be very tired.' Ahyan nodded his head. He watched his father go feeling terrible and confused.

***********************************************

Two weeks later,

Mahdia sighed happily looking at her freshly prepared Macarons, she smiled with pride.

'Nice job, Mahdia.' She gave a pat on her shoulder. Her smile faded when a waiter comes informing her that a customer is looking for her and said it is urgent. Mahdia frowned removing her apron. She wondered who it is, and what is so urgent. She combed her hair with her fingers and dusted off the dough off her face and hair. She tied her hair in a quick bun and tugged it in place with a Chinese hair stick, random strands of hair cupped her face and few strands fell across her forehead. She took a deep breath and walked out from the workstation.

Mahdia looked up and froze as she saw Ahyan sitting at a table, alone. He is reading a newspaper while having an espresso. For a moment, she thought she is dreaming. What is he doing here?

**********************************************

So, Ahyan is terribly confused, he imagined her in the flower girl, how filmy wasn't it :D Well someone seems to be in love ;)

What you guys think, Dilwale Dulhaniya le jayege :P :) :)

How was the Chapter? do let me know your opinion in the comments...