CHAPTER 50- A NEW PLAN

She blinked at him waiting for his response. Ahyan sighed looking away for a second before looking at her, 'Mahdia,' he felt angry again when he said, 'your sister-in-law, Sadaf...'

'You know her?' Mahdia interrupted him. Ahyan nodded agitated. Mahdia tilted her head little side-ways and looked on, she is terribly confused- How does Ahyan know Sadaf?

'Yes, Mahdia. Sadaf is my elder sister.' Ahyan said

Mahdia's eyes widened, she is shocked. She stared at him unblinkingly this time. Ahyan turned around, running his fingers through his hair. The snow fall getting intense.

There is silence between them, Mahdia is staring at his back while Ahyan stared front into the oblivion.

'Sadaf is your sister.' Mahdia muttered still staring wide-eyed, she seemed to have frozen with only her lips moving. Ahyan turned and held her arms, he shook her little staring into her eyes.

'Yes, and your brother killed her. Knowing this I don't think me or my parents will accept you.' he said seriously.

Slowly, Mahdia looked at him, 'My brother killed your sister? How?' she asked meekly. Ahyan left her and rolled his eyes, 'If he hadn't brought my sister here, she would have been with us and alive.' Ahyan said angrily.

Mahdia stared at him as though he is mad, 'Are you serious?' she is getting annoyed now. She had thought Ahyan was sensible and practical but here he is talking nonsense.

Ahyan looked at her with his eyebrow raised.

Mahdia sighed, 'Hello! Sadaf had eloped with my brother on her free will and how were they supposed to know that they will be killed and what guarantee is there that she wouldn't have died when she would have been with you. Who knows, she would have committed suicide.' Mahdia said.

'MAHDIA!' Ahyan held her hand tightly, she winced nevertheless she stared into his eyes. She felt angry as well.

Mustering all her strength she jerked his hand away taking a step back.

'In case, you haven't realised my brother is dead too but you don't see me blame your sister for bringing him here and getting him killed.'

Mahdia's breathing getting uneven as she glared at Ahyan. His expressions changed.

'If you have lost your sister, I have lost my brother too and Mariam, she has lost her parents...I didn't know you were so selfish.' Mahdia said.

As she said so, a realisation dawned upon him, 'Mariam.' He whispered.

He held Mahdia's arm but she jerked it away, 'Mahdia, Mariam....' She looked at him confusedly and then something hit her. She shook her head taking a step back

'No, no, no...I am not giving you Mariam. She will always be with me. You can't take her away from me.' Mahdia had tears in her eyes.

Ahyan sighed and took step towards her, he held her arm and pulled her closer. Mahdia is surprised to see him smile little.

'Mahdia, don't you get it. Mariam...she is the link. She can help us get married.' Ahyan now smiled widely.

Mahdia blinked at him.

Ahyan sighed frustrated, she is really dumb.

'Don't you get it. We can convince my parents with Mariam.' He smiled.

'How?'

Ahyan rolled her eyes, 'I will take Mariam with me,' Mahdia shook her head. Ahyan held her face in between his palms and looked at her.

'Not permanently. I will take Mariam with me. And there she will behave like a complete spoilt brat, and demand you and Mrs. Siddiqui come and stay with us. Since Mariam is their grandchild, my parents will have to agree. Then you guys come and impress my parents...Simple.' Ahyan explained.

Mahdia looked at him and as she absorbed in the plan a smile appeared on her lips. Ahyan is relieved that she finally understood the plan.

But her smile vanished as quickly as it had appeared, 'But what if you take her permanently?' She wondered out aloud.

Ahyan held her shoulder looking at her, 'Don't you trust me?' he asked. She nodded her head.

Ahyan smiled and hooked his fingers under her chin making her look at him, 'Besides, I want to take someone else with me, permanently.' He winked at her and she blushed lowering her gaze. Ahyan smiled and kissed her forehead.

Suddenly they realized that they are freezing out in the cold and it is snowing. Ahyan apologised and offered to drop her home.

'It is snowing heavily, you have to stay with us tonight...' Mahdia said and when Ahyan protested she frowned at him, 'I am not taking No for an answer. Besides you have some explaining to do back home.' Mahdia held his hand and tugged his arm. Ahyan sighed giving up, Mahdia had always been a stubborn young lady and so arguing with her is a waste. But once again, Ahyan felt nervous confronting Mrs. Siddiqui.

**************************************************

How was the chapter, guys? Do mention your reaction in the comments....

One teaser coming soon, so stay tuned guys