CHAPTER 60- WILL THEIR PLAN WORK?

Ahyan is happy to know that Mariam is enjoying herself. After breakfast, she had slept and woken up to surprise gifts Ahyan and Mrs. Malik had gotten for her. She was on cloud nine. She completely forgot about Mahdia and Mrs. Siddiqui albeit temporarily.

Mr. Malik, on the other hand, stayed in his room, everyone knew he was having some alone time with himself lamenting his daughter's loss, so no one disturbed him. Mrs. Malik felt horrible too, at times she wanted to cry aloud but she distracted herself spending time with her grand-daughter who is part of Sadaf. The more she spends time with Mariam the more she feels like she is reliving Sadaf's childhood once again.

Ahyan had spoken to Mahdia and assured her everything was fine. She was relieved but she couldn't stop herself from crying and broke down as she missed her little niece.

Later that night, Ahyan decided to talk to Mariam, two days later they are supposed to kick start their plan to get Mahdia and Mrs. Siddiqui here. Ahyan knocked, he frowned when he heard giggles, it was of two girls. He opened the door and smiled finding Mariam and Zaynab on the floor and playing with dolls.

'So, what are you guys playing?' Ahyan walked towards them.

'Ahyan! Oops, I mean Mamu.' Mariam corrected herself.

Ahyan folded his sleeves up his elbows and sat beside them, he smiled at Mariam, 'You can call me Ahyan.'

Mariam smiled brightly, she then frowned.

'What?' Ahyan asked looking at her amused. Mariam glanced at Zaynab and then looked at Ahyan.

'After you marry Maddy, what will I call you?' Mariam asked innocently.

Ahyan looked up at Zaynab who frowned back at him. Mariam looked from her Uncle to Zaynab and back again, she wondered if she said something wrong.

Ahyan felt awkward with Zaynab's questioning gaze looking at him, he read her eyes.

'Who is Maddy?'

Ahyan looked here and there before looking back at Zaynab.

'Mahdia is Mariam's...aunt...Mizan's sister.' Ahyan said. Zaynab remained silent urging him to go on. Ahyan nodded and looked down. Mariam suppressed her smile, her Uncle looks so cute when nervous.

Ahyan licked his lips and looked back at Zaynab, 'I...we.... love each other.' Ahyan completed. Zaynab looked at him, then at Mariam.

Mariam then went on to explain the problem, Ahyan initially was shy but eventually began pitching in explaining their plan. Zaynab listened carefully. At first, she was shocked to know that her Khadus Ahyan fell in love with a girl.

After ten to fifteen minutes later, Zaynab smiled sticking out her palm

'I am in guys! Let's do this.' Zaynab said

'Yaaayyy!' Mariam jumped excitedly. Ahyan smiled. Zaynab looked at a blushing Ahyan and smiled brightly.

Mariam and Zaynab did a HI-FI, they asked Ahyan to join them but he refused stating he doesn't do all these childish things. Mariam and Zaynab rolled their eyes.

***********************************************************

Two weeks later,

Mahdia stepped out from the airport dragging her luggage trolley, Mrs. Siddiqui following her. It has been ages since Mahdia had been to India, she was a teen when she had left and then never came back again. Looking around she sniffed inhaling the scent of the new land. She liked the gentle breeze. The weather is cool but not cooler than Paris where it is snowing and raining. Mahdia liked the weather here than the gloomy weather back home.

'Who was going to come?' Mrs. Siddiqui asked from beside Mahdia.

'Dunno, Ma.' Mahdia replied loosening her muffler. She looked around searching for a young girl holding a banner of her name. Ahyan last night had informed Mahdia about Zaynab coming to pick her up as he is busy with work. He has to go with Kumar to Gurgaon to inspect a hotel there.

It took them longer than expected to convince Mrs. Malik. Mr. Malik refused to speak to anyone, he spends most of his time locked up in his room or at the bar counter having drinks. Everyone left him alone. Mariam, as instructed, was good for two-three days then she started her tantrums and whining. Eventually, Mrs. Malik accepted defeat and agreed. Ahyan, Mariam and Zaynab were very happy. Mariam was very excited to meet her Aunt again after so long.

After few minutes of looking around Mahdia heard a female voice, she turned her head and found a young girl with long hair beaming at her.

'Hey! Mahdia?'

Mahdia nodded

The girl forwarded her palm, 'Zaynab!' she introduced herself.

*************************************************

Now, Maddy has also arrived in India. What you guys think is going to happen next? Excited? Plz do comment your opinions :)