CHAPTER 26- OUTING WITH PRINCE CHARMING

Ahyan glanced impatiently at his watch, has she fallen asleep inside, he wondered annoyed. He is about to stand up when he spotted her coming from inside the work station talking something to a chef, it is then he remembered she owns this place and must have gotten busy with work. He admires people who are dedicated to their work, he smiled little watching her. There is something different about this girl, something that feels familiar. Ahyan didn't realize he had been staring at her, only when a customer accidently hit him did his trance break.

'Pardon.' A middle-aged French man said. Ahyan simply nodded politely.

'What do you prefer? Museums? at galleries? Parks? Cathedral?' Mahdia asked removing her muffler as the two made their way through the busy metro station. Ahyan thought for a while.

'Whatever suits you?' he said

'Okay, we start our tour with the Cathedral, get the blessing.' She smiled and Ahyan nodded. She couldn't decipher his expressions. She hoped he liked the idea.

*************************************

Mahdia checked for the platform and gestured Ahyan to follow her to platform 16, Ahyan nodded and silently followed her. The station seemed overcrowded, it's a working day after all. Ahyan doesn't like crowds but with Mahdia's presence, he felt better and less annoyed.

'Hurry up.' Mahdia called as she quickly climbed down the moving escalator. Ahyan felt little scared as he climbed down.

'Shit!' Mahdia gasped for breath as she stopped at the platform, the train just left. Ahyan dashed into her from behind and she almost fell with the force but Ahyan was quick to hold her arm by her elbow and stop her from falling.

Mahdia straightened and Ahyan exhaled loudly, his breath uneven with all the running. Mahdia glanced at the LED screen and smiled, 'Next train is in five minutes. Thank God!' she sighed happily. Ahyan forced a smile, he has never done so much running for a silly train, he had always roamed around in his AC car back home or cab in foreign countries.

Ahyan and Mahdia sat on one of the benches. Mahdia placed her one leg over the other and leaned back. Ahyan sat up straight.

He frowned on hearing strange sounds, he felt someone stand next to him, he turned his head and found a couple kissing. He quickly looked away. The platform is deserted except for him and Mahdia and the annoying couple. Their smooching sound irritated him. He stood up startling Mahdia, 'Let's sit somewhere else.' He said annoyed. But before Mahdia could protest the metro came. Ahyan is relieved.

But to his annoyance the annoying couple came in the boggy as them, they stood by the door and continued smooching. This time Mahdia saw them, she then looked at Ahyan from the corner of her eyes, he is looking at them making a disgusting face. Mahdia felt her cheeks burn she looked away.

'Stupid people, can't they do whatever they want in their private homes.' Ahyan said bitterly.

************************************************

Mahdia turned her head and looked at Ahyan, he looked around the Cathedral awe-stuck. She found his expressions extremely adorable. Ahyan is amazed by the beauty of the place, the ceiling so high, beautiful carvings, idols, the woodwork, everything breath-taking.

'Have you never been to a church before?' Mahdia asked curiously.

Ahyan shook his head.

'Why?'

He looked at her and smiled, 'I am an Atheist.' He said simply. Mahdia frowned, he should have said this before she wouldn't have brought him here.