CHAPTER 58- MARIAM MEETS THE MALIKS

Ahyan stepped out from the airport carrying sleeping Mariam in his arms and pushed the trolley with one hand. He looked around before taking out his phone and calling his driver. Within minutes he arrived and greeted him humbly. Driver looked confusedly at Mariam. Ahyan simply smiled and seeing him smile the driver gets more confused, shocked rather.

Mariam woke up as Ahyan placed her in the back seat of the car.

'Maddy...'she yawned lazily, she rubbed her eyes.

Ahyan smiled taking his seat beside her, 'Good morning, sweetheart.'

Mariam blinked at him for a while before realizing everything that had happened wasn't a dream and now she is here in India.

'Oh,' Mariam looked away, 'Good morning.' She mumbled fidgeting with her fingers.

On their way home, Mariam kept whining about too much honking and people. Being in Paris all her life, her ears have been very sensitive. Ahyan didn't know how to console her so he kept silent most of the time. Ahyan has never dealt with kids and women and doesn't know how to manage them.

Soon, they arrived and Mariam sighed in relieve. As the car drove into the parking Ahyan turned his head and looked at Mariam, who is adjusting her backpack on her shoulder.

'So, Nervous?' he asked brightly.

Mariam looked at him and frowned, 'why should I?' she shrugged coolly

'Oh-Okay.' Ahyan made a poker face.

'Wow!' Mariam gaped at the mansion, Ahyan smirked.

'Liked it?'

'You guys are so rich.' Mariam's eyes glued to the beautiful mansion. Ahyan smiled happily. He held her shoulder and together they walked towards the mansion.

'Ahyan!' Zaynab rushed from the main door and jumped on Ahyan nearly knocking him off his feet. Mariam didn't like a girl other than her aunt hug Ahyan, so she looked away.

'Man, I am so happy to see you.' Zaynab gushed happily. Her arms still around his neck. Ahyan smiled at her.

'I missed you, man.' Zaynab said. Ahyan also hugged her, 'I missed you too.' He said.

Mariam couldn't stand it anymore and cleared her throat to make her presence known. They broke apart.

Zaynab looked at Mariam and smiled at her, 'Hi there, who are you?' she leant forward resting her palms on her knees. Mariam made a face and looked at Ahyan asking him to introduce her. Ahyan held Zaynab's elbow and made her stand, she looked at him, 'Arey Zaynab, we will talk everything at the door-steps? Come let us go in first.' Ahyan held her shoulder and turned her, he extended his hand to hold Mariam's hand but she folded her arms across her chest, a scowl on her face.

'Ahyan, my boy!' Mr. Malik greeted his son with open arms. Ahyan smiled and hugged his father. Soon, his mother also hurriedly climbed downstairs and walked towards him.

'My bacha!' she hugged him. Ahyan felt embarrassed being called bacha in front of Mariam. She looked away suppressing her chuckle.

'Mom, Dad there is someone I want you both to meet.' He said handing his over coat and laptop bag to a butler. Mr. Malik gave a small nod, Mrs. Malik glanced at Mariam before looking back at her son.

Ahyan walked behind Mariam and held her shoulders, he looked at her and then at his parents.

'Mom, Dad, she is Mariam and she is...' suddenly Ahyan felt nervous. All his excitement went phuss and got replaced with nervousness instead. Mariam looked up at her Uncle and placed her palm over his and patted it little. Ahyan looked down and smiled gratefully at her before looking up at his parents. Both his parents looked on patiently. Ahyan took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He then looked at his parents again. He glanced at Zaynab who looked on confused.

'Mom, Dad...she is Mariam...your...No, no...I mean...she is...'

'I am his niece and your granddaughter.' Mariam finished it for him. Ahyan froze. His parents demeanour changed while Zaynab looked slightly happy.

Mr. and Mrs. Malik looked at Mariam before looking back at their son.

'Is this some kind of joke?' Mr. Malik said furiously. Mrs. Malik is numb. Ahyan left Mariam and walked towards his father, he shook his head.

'No, no, Dad. She is Sadaf's daughter. I found her in Paris with Mizan's family.' Ahyan explained. Mr. Malik clenched his fists tightly on the mention of Mizan's name. Mentioning his name clearly made the entire atmosphere tense.

Mr. Malik shook with rage, Ahyan gulped. This isn't going as per plan. But then what had he expected, after what Sadaf did he expected his parents to accept Mariam with open arms. Nah! Surely not so soon.

Mrs. Malik had tears in her eyes now, she was about to walk towards Mariam but one stern look from Mr. Malik made her stop in her tracks. Looking at fuming Mr. Malik, Mariam got nervous.

Ahyan told everything about him being in their place for dinner and Mrs. Siddiqui showing him photos and talking about them. Zaynab fell quiet. Mrs. Malik looked longingly at Mariam but she dared not move.

Mr. Malik looked angrily at Mariam who lowered her head nervously.

'Why have you brought this filth with you, Ahyan.' Mr. Malik said angrily. Ahyan pressed his lips together tightly, he didn't like his father speak this way but he dared not back answer him. Mr. Malik shot a disgusted look at Mariam who now has tears in her eyes, she felt hurt, very hurt when her grand-father referred to her that way. Mr. Malik turned around walking towards the stairs.

'Sadaf is no more.' Ahyan said.

His voice rang in the deadly silenced hall. Mr. Malik froze as he began to climb the stairs. Mrs. Malik lets a small sob that echoed as well. Zaynab too felt tears in her eyes. Ahyan had tears in his eyes as well but he maintained a straight face, his jaw clenched tightly as he suppressed his lips from trembling. He stared at his father's back.

*********************************************************

Oh No, guys! What a welcome Mariam received at her grandparent's place :(  and Ahyan told them about Sadaf being dead. How will they react? Will Mr. Malik melt?

What are your views? Do tell me in the comments :)