CHAPTER 21- APOLOGY

'Sir! You are...over drinking.' Kumar looked nervously as Ahaan gulped his tenth drink. Ahyan shook his head. Kumar looked around, the venue is empty, the lights are switching off and after twenty time of warning this time they will be kicked out. Ahyan removed his glasses and placed it on the bar counter.

'That ungrateful girl. I saved her, lost such an important deal and she slapped me...See, it is still red.' He said showing Kumar his cheek for the nth time. Kumar nodded, he climbed down the chair and tugged Ahyan's arm but he refused to move. He kept repeating how shocked and hurt he is that Mahdia instead of being grateful to him slapped him. He forgot that she too was hurt when he hadn't taken the stand for her.

*************************************

Mahdia lay on her side, tears in her eyes. She was hurt, very hurt. She had taken all her anger on her mother and poor Mariam. They just wanted to be part of her success, tonight was supposed to be her special day. She felt guilty. For a loser, she thought was her prince charming she fought with everyone who is close to her. Though Mahdia is hating Ahyan now, she couldn't stop liking him. She hated herself for liking him even though he hurt her so much.

She turned to her side and saw Mariam fast asleep, she is snoring lightly. Mahdia looked at her innocent face and she felt guilty. She had scolded Mariam only because her dark eyes reminded her of Ahyan. She shifted little closer, she frowned. For some reason, Mariam and Ahyan are looking slightly similar. Mariam looks like her mother, and for some strange reason. Sadaf, Mariam, and Ahyan looked similar. Mahdia shook her head she shifted to her side, flat on her back she stared at the ceiling.

'Arghh.... why am I thinking of that mongoose?' She thought angrily.

***********************************************

Next morning, Mahdia woke up. She saw Mariam is still asleep. She leaned forward and kissed her forehead. Mariam opened her eyes. Mahdia stared into her dark eyes and smiled while Mariam frowned.

'Still angry on Maddy?' Mahdia pouted sadly. Mariam nodded her looking away. Mahdia held her ears and apologized. Mariam looked at her aunt and smiled little. Mahdia smiled, she moved her hand and began tickling Mariam and she started to laugh loud, Mahdia laughed with her.

Hearing all the commotion, Mrs. Siddiqui came into the room. She smiled seeing a happy Mahdia and Mariam laughing and playing with each other. Placing her palm on the door, Mrs. Siddiqui tilted her head and smiled, her eyes glistening with unshed tears.

Mrs. Siddiqui plated breakfast as Mahdia entered the kitchen, 'Be quick Mariam your bus will be coming soon.' Mahdia said. This is for the first time Mahdia has been dressed and ready before Mariam. As usual, Mahdia is dressed in casual, Orange and pink embroidery Kaftan long top, denim jeans and white sneakers, her hair open.

'Ma, you sit I will make the toast.' She said grabbing a piece of bread from her mother. Mrs. Siddiqui didn't protest. But before she left, Mahdia held her hand.

'I am sorry, Ma.' She said wrapping her arms around her mother and hugging her tight. Mahdia felt guilty of taking someone else's anger on her mother.

'Koi baath nahin my bacha.' Mrs. Siddiqui smiled and hugged her back. Mahdia felt lighter.

Few minutes into hugging each other, Mahdia felt someone, a third person hug them by their waist. Knowing very well who it could be Mahdia's smile widened.

They separated, Mariam, smiled at them. She is fully dressed for school. Mahdia felt proud of her small happy family, she prayed they stayed this way forever.

*************************************

Today the weather outside is chilly but thankfully not much cloudy and depressing. The warm sunlight is like a fresh breath. Mahdia liked the weather, she smiled to herself as she walked towards her café. She glanced at the American Café before entering her café. Once inside her smile widened on seeing more customer at her place than her competitors. Even though as early as 7, her café seemed packed. She mentally decided to add in their banner about the success at the party. Thinking about the party, her smile faded. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

'Don't think negative....be positive.' She self-motivated herself and walked confidently towards the workstation. As she walked she noticed her employees look at her strangely, a silly grin on their faces. She ignored it.

She got suspicious when she noticed Lydia and gang also flash her the same silly grin and look.

'All okay?' Mahdia asked removing her muffler. Lydia shrugged pretending to not know anything. Mahdia rolled her eyes, she doesn't have time for silly childish games. She unbuttoned her overcoat and walked into her cabin. Her eyes widened on seeing a bouquet of red, white, and yellow fresh roses. She removed her coat and hung it on the coat hanger all the while looking at the bouquet, who could have sent it? she kept wondering.

She picked up the bouquet and looked at it from all angles, she noticed there is a note with it.

She took it out.

I am sorry, Ms. Mahdia

Ahyan

Mahdia blinked confused, she then stared at the name. Ahyan? Ahyan has sent this to apologize to her. She looked at the rose, now that she knows who has sent this and why she felt flattered, she felt important.

There is a knock at the door and she turned her head, Lydia stood at the door a playful smile on her lips and twinkle in her eyes, 'He is waiting for you, he was here since 6.' She said. Hearing this, Mahdia felt her heart skip a beat.

******************************

Oooooo guys!! what did you guys think about Ahyan's gesture? Should Mahdia forgive him?

Let me know your opinions in the comments...