CHAPTER 59- PAIN OF A FATHER

Slowly, Mr. Malik turned around facing everyone. Mrs. Malik stumbled to her side out of shock, Zaynab held her wrapping her arm tightly around her shoulder. Mr. Malik's demeanour changed but his expression remained stern. He stared at Ahyan for a moment before looking at Mariam. From somewhere Mariam had gathered courage and looked up into her grand-father's eyes. For a second his expressions changed as he realized her to be very similar to his dead daughter. He then turned around.

'Najma, arrange the girl's living.' He said and without a backwards glanced he quickly climbed the stairs.

Ahyan sighed. Mrs. Malik didn't waste a second before hurrying to Mariam. She fell on her knees in front of Mariam and held her face in between her palms. She looked at her closely with teary eyes. Mariam smiled little. Zaynab walked towards Ahyan and placed an assuring palm on his shoulder. He looked at her and she smiled at him. She felt emotional too. She side hugged him, comforting him.

Mrs. Malik hugged Mariam and broke down crying badly.

Mr. Malik locked himself in his room, 'Sadaf is no more' Ahyan's words echoed in his ears. Mr. Malik felt a sharp pain as he realized his beloved daughter, his only daughter is no more. She is dead.

His hands trembled as he opened his cupboard and pulled out the first drawer. Buried among heaps of files is a photo frame of young Sadaf. It has been ten years since last he had looked at it. And this is the first time in ten years he has tears in his eyes. Last time, he had cried was when his daughter had run away.

He walked towards the bed and sat on it all the while staring at the photo.

He caressed her photo lovingly, 'Why Beta? Why did you leave us?' Mr. Malik's heart pained thinking of how his precious daughter died. She must have been in pain, so much pain. Mr. Malik remembered he had never let a thorn prick his angel, a drop of blood from her and he used to take the entire mansion on his head. His lips trembled and a tear drop fell on the photo, his heart pinched with agony thinking of the blood loss his daughter must have had when she was dying. She must have called for him like she always did when in pain, but he wasn't there. He wasn't there with his girl when she was taking her last breath.

Mr. Malik hugged the photo frame tightly against his chest and cried, cried his heart out.

******************************************

Mariam is wide-eyed looking at the room which was now supposed to be hers'. It was her mother's room first. Mrs. Malik has gone to arrange breakfast, she is excited to pamper her grand-child.

Zaynab followed Mariam. She smiled on seeing her reaction. Mariam dropped her bag and gaped at the room.

This room can have the whole of her room back in Paris, twice. The marble tiles shining brightly, a red and white round bed in the centre with long posts around the bed with white curtains as a canopy. Well carved wooden cupboard and beside it is a French window with white curtains and above it is few lights hanging. There is a swing chair with green cushion and a book shelves filled with novels and other books.

There is an inbuilt bathroom too. Mariam noticed a huge white and pink teddy on the bed beside the pillow.

Mariam can't believe her mother is so rich. She wondered why she left everything and eloped to a tiny house in Paris.

'Liked it?' Zaynab asked. Mariam nodded, dazed.

'Loved it.' She said.

Zaynab smirked playfully, 'All yours?' she said. Mariam looked at her as though assuring she is serious. Zaynab nodded and gestured her with her head. Mariam looked back at the teddy and is about to go when Mrs. Malik entered followed by a butler carrying with him tray filled with breakfast.

'Not so soon, young girl. First freshen up.' Mrs. Malik ordered. Mariam looked at her and Mrs. Malik smiled looking at her lovingly.

Mariam opened the bathroom door and is mind-blown.

**************************************************************

Mr. Malik :( 

How was the Chapter, guys? Do tell me your opinion/ reaction in the comments....