CHAPTER 40- HOUSE WARMING PARTY

Ahyan felt nervous as he stood in front of the mirror fidgeting with the top button of his blue printed slim fit shirt. He is nervous as this is going to be first time, four ladies are coming to his house and he must deal with them alone. He gulped and quickly wiped a sweat bead from his temple. He adjusted his rimless glass and wore his cologne. He folded his sleeves till his elbows and combed his hair. He side-parted and gelled his hair.

As he sat at the edge of the bed tying the shoelace of his sneakers there is a door bell. He nearly jumped.

He took a deep breath and flashed a smile, the smile which he had been practising since 5 pm in the evening. He glanced at the wall clock, 8 pm. He self-motivated himself before opening the door, the practised smile plastered on his lips.

'Hey!' Ahyan tried to sound enthusiastic. His smile faded as his gaze fell on Mahdia, he looked at her top to bottom and couldn't avert his gaze. In her casuals Mahdia looks cute but now like that night at the Opera, she is looking hot.

'Hey!' she said nervously

'Hello!' Ahyan shook his head realising there are more people with her. He looked at Mrs. Siddiqui and greeted her.

'Hey, Ahyan!' Mariam beamed at him, she waved at him. Ahyan smiled broadly at Mariam, a genuine smile.

'Hey!' Lydia said. Before Ahyan could respond Lydia have him a friendly side-hug. Much to Mahdia's annoyance. Ahyan didn't hug back, he simply smiled at her politely. He then invited the ladies to his home.

'Wow!' Mariam gaped looking around it.

'Like it?' he asked her and she nodded her head instantly. She ran and jumped on one of the posh leather sofa.

'Mariam!' Mahdia said sternly but Ahyan interrupted her, 'Let her be.' He said softly. Mahdia looked at him apologetically. He just smiled. With their eyes locked, Mrs Siddiqui and Lydia looked at them. Lydia nudged Mrs Siddiqui's arm and when she looked at her, she smiled at her.

Since there was only one double sofa, Ahyan got two chairs. He then went into the open kitchen. Mahdia excused herself and followed him.

'Hey, need help?' she asked. Ahyan is startled at first but composed himself quickly

'No thanks.' He smiled at her and opened the fridge.

'I will heat these.' Mahdia said looking at few French croissants, cheese sandwiches and chicken lollipops.

'Don't bother with that, here serve them juice. I will manage the snacks.' He said forwarding Mahdia a carton of orange juice. She looked at the carton and then at him.

Together the two heat the snacks. Ahyan got a tray and Mahdia neatly placed the plates. At one point Ahyan's arm accidentally brushed Mahdia's arm making her cheeks turn red.

'You get the juice, I will serve them these.' Mahdia said and Ahyan nodded. Only when she had turned around Ahyan noticed clearly that her dress was backless. And for the first time he found himself staring at a girl's bare back.

'Amazing, Ahyan.' Mariam exclaimed happily as Ahyan forwarded her juice. Ahyan smiled at her

'So, Ahyan?' Ahyan nodded answering Mrs Siddiqui's questions, 'This hotelier is it a family business?' she asked sounding serious. Mahdia started to feel nervous, now starts the grilling.

'Yes.' Ahyan looked suspiciously at Mahdia who gave him a helpless look.

'How is your family back home?'

'I have only my parents,' Ahyan felt a tight lump when he omitted his sister, he had started counting her out of family ever since she had walked away. But the feeling, it remained and it hurt him every time. But he didn't let it show on his face and went on, 'And they are fine.' He concluded.

Mrs Siddiqui took a bite from the sandwich and asked, 'In India where do you stay?'

'Delhi!' he replied confidently.

Mrs Siddiqui nodded her head

'And girlfriends?' Lydia interrupted. Mahdia glared at her stamping her feet. Lydia yelped and looked at Mahdia. Ahyan and everyone are surprised.

Ahyan cleared his throat shifting in his seat, 'No!' he said

'Are you gay?'

'LYDIA!' Mahdia interrupted wide-eyed. Ahyan simply stared at Lydia.

'What is Gay?' Mariam looked confusedly at her aunt.

'I didn't have time to make Girlfriends.' Ahyan said simply

'Well, if you haven't been with a girl how you know you aren't gay.'

'OOPS!' Mahdia apologised as she spilled her orange juice on Lydia's dress.

'F***' Lydia cursed, she glared at Mahdia who made a fake apologetic face.

Mrs Siddiqui, Ahyan and Mariam gaped at the two women.

'That's it, I am going.' Lydia stood up angrily. She slammed her glass on the table and with one more glaring look at Mahdia she walked away. Mahdia is relieved she is gone. 

************************************************

So, guys how was the chapter? Do let me know your opinion in the comments...

There is one more part coming up so stay tuned guys :)