CHAPTER 11- THEIR FIRST MEETING

Monday,

Mahdia is working in the work station, she wiped her forehead leaving behind some dough on her face. She continued kneading the dough when a waitress came from other side.

'Maam, someone from an event managing company has come to see you.' she informed. Mahdia stopped kneading and looked at the waitress. She asked her to make that someone sit in the cabin, 'Get him from the other side.' she asked. The waitress nodded and left. Mahdia hurried to the washroom attached to the workstation in hurry in entered the gent's toilet.

'Hey!' Alex said aghast, he covered his crotch with his palms. Mahdia rolled her eyes, 'Please grow up.' she waved her hand. She then turned her attention on her reflection in the mirror. Alex turned around and quickly zipped his pants and left muttering something in French under his breath which was audible only to him.

Mahdia removed her apron and washed her face couple of times wiping the dry dough off her face. She wiped her face with her apron. She removed the pencil from her hair letting her elbow length hair unfold from her messy bun. She ran her fingers through her hair combing them. She then adjusted her earrings and nose stud. She fixed her olive-green cowl top and tugged on her jeans. She is happy that her white sneakers are clean. She looked at her reflection, thanks to her flawless skin, white complexation, and naturally pink lips she doesn't need any make-up. She took a deep breath and walked out.

'Bonjour monsieur.' Mahdia greeted a thin lanky French man who had been seated in her tiny cabin. She ordered a glass of water for him.

'Bonjour.' The man said. He stuck out his hand and Mahdia shook hands with him. They sat across each other.

'Well Madame Siddiqui, we have come here to give you good news.' He said with a smile. Mahdia felt her heart jump into her mouth. Good news? Does this mean they got the deal? Mahdia held her breath she didn't want to assume anything. The man dug in his hands in his shirt top pocket. Mahdia watched his hand disappear inside his coat and into his shirt pocket. He took an envelope and forwarded it to Mahdia.

Mahdia's heart raced and her fingers trembled as she tore open the envelope. A smile appeared on her lips and a wave of relief ran through her as she took out invitation card and a letter from inside.

As she read the acceptance letter her smile widened.

*******************************************

Ahyan woke up early in the morning. He smiled recollecting he is Paris now. By Monday his passport had come and by night he was on the plane traveling to Paris. Kumar, his efficient assistant had booked a luxurious hotel for him but with a twist.

As Ahyan trimmed his stubbles there is a knock on the door, 'Sir, please hurry. Zor se lagi hai.'

Ahyan sighed.

Yes, he is sharing his room with his assistant. Since the hotel was so luxurious they could afford only one room.

'One minute.' He called

'Sir, please. Ho jayega.' Kumar whined.

'Yuck.' Ahyan made a face and hurriedly left the bathroom. As soon as he came out Kumar rushed in.

Ahyan heard him moan with pleasure. Ahyan shook his head.

*******************************************

'Sir, I have heard a lot about this boutique we will get just the perfect suit.' Kumar spoke panting little as he tried matching Ahyan's quick steps. Ahyan didn't look at him, his hands shoved in his pockets and he had his gaze straight

'We aren't woman who needs boutique.' Ahyan said walking through the narrow pathway. Kumar shook his head, he opened his mouth to say something but shut his mouth dropping the idea. As Ahyan passed a grocery store the door opened and someone dashed into him. Ahyan fell on the ground with that someone on top. Ahyan knew it is a woman who fell on him. She had been carrying a packet of dough that fell beside them and with the force, it burst spraying them with the dry dough.

Ahyan opened his eyes and his dark eyes met her brown almond shaped eyes.

As Mahdia lay on top of the stranger staring into his dark eyes she felt her heart flutter, a spark ran down her spine. Staring into his eyes, she couldn't look away. Neither did the stranger.