TEASER

Ahyan couldn't sleep that night, he had wanted to call Zaynab and talk to her, take all his frustration, also discuss his plan with her. It all seemed to be a girly plan and she will help him better. He wanted to smoke as well but then he didn't have any packet plus he didn't want to upset Mrs. Siddiqui. Ahyan kept tossing and turning, finally got up from his bed.

Slowly, he tiptoed and walked in the darkness. He felt clueless.

After entering wrong rooms, he finally found the room where Mahdia was. He peeped in.

Mahdia slept on the right side, her back to him. Ahyan noticed her striped PJ top had slid up exposing little of her back. He smiled looking at it.

He tip-toed inside. His gaze fell on Mariam and he smiled sadly. Now, he is seeing her in a new light. He is her maternal Uncle, her Mamu. No wonder she felt so familiar. No wonder he felt a connection with her. Ahyan had tears in his eyes. He blinked back his tears. Mariam slept in the centre and Mrs. Siddiqui slept on the left side, facing Ahyan.

He gulped and leant forward, 'Mahdia!' he whispered. There is no response but gentle snore from her.

He placed his palm on her arm and shook her little, 'Mahdia!' he called

She turned and Ahyan quickly ducked under the bed. His head hitting the top but he placed a palm over his mouth to stop the yelp. He massaged his head and slowly peeked from under the bed.

'Mahdia!' he hissed this time. Mahdia slowly opened her eyes and her eyes met his. She was about to scream but Ahyan covered her mouth with his palm. She looked at him wide-eyed.

'It is me, Ahyan!' he said. She relaxed realising it is him. He then leant forward.

'Come outside.'

'Why?' she whispered

Ahyan rolled his eyes, 'because I want to play Ludo with you.' he said annoyed.

'What? Don't you think it's too late to play Ludo now, we can play tomorrow.' She said sleepily and laydown on her side again.

Ahyan gaped at her, stunned by her stupidity.

He held her hand and she looked at him frowning, 'I am waiting for you in my room.' He said, his eyes twinkled. Mahdia felt her heart skip a beat seeing the glint in his eyes.

**********************************************

Guy, excited for their game of Ludo  ;) :)

Do tell me your reaction in the comments