CHAPTER 8- POSITIVE FEELING

'Yes...one week? Okay...'Ahyan cut the call exasperated. After his fruitless meeting at the police station, he went to passport office to have his passport made. His assistant, Kumar, had to come and had to act over smart and now he will be getting his passport in one week. To Ahyan's bad luck the officer was a very honest one, and didn't accept bribe for quickening the work.

Tried and frustrated Ahyan entered his home, he loosened his tie and stopped in his tracks on seeing his mother with the match-making Aunty. He groaned.

Ahyan lowered his head and began walking briskly towards the stairs, hopefully, they won't see him but he forgot- nothing escapes a mother's eyes.

'Beta!' Ahyan sighed loudly.

'Come here. See Tanuja Aunty has gotten these alliances for you...select....'

'Not now, Ma. You do the selection. Don't drag me into this.' He said, he again turned around. He had just placed one leg on the first step when his mother said, 'But you are the one getting married....'

'You short list and I will see later.' Ahyan said, he didn't bother turning around. He is sure his mother is happy now because she didn't stop him.

Later that night,

After dinner, Ahyan entered his study, he opened his laptop. He is disappointed on seeing there is no response for the third apology mail to the Sheikhs

'Attitude.' Ahyan removed his glasses and sighed. He leaned back in the chair and looked straight at the wall, his fingers twisting the pen.

His phone rang, he glanced at the number and groaned, it is Zaynab.

'Dude, I spoke to Sanjana and guess what? We have a solution.' She sounded excited. Ahyan faked his excitement. Zaynab, as usual, ignored the dull response and continued, 'Next week there is a business party, a huge one in Paris. Businessmen from all over the world will be there. You should go, man, improve your circle, also Sanjana's husband has good proposal he will talk to you about, okay then I gotta go, bye.' And she hung up once again not waiting for Ahyan to respond.

For the first time, Ahyan thought about Zaynab's words seriously. Going to this party will be very good for his business. He will get to meet businessmen from all over the world. He then called his assistant.

Kumar picked up the call after ten rings and he sounded asleep when he finally answered.

Ahyan asked him to get an invite for both for Paris. Kumar was puzzled at first but then promises Ahyan that the work will be done. After ending the call, Ahyan felt relaxed, a small smile appearing on his face. He has a positive feeling about this.

**********************************************

'Have you heard, Mahdia?' Lydia asked as both the ladies worked with their own doughs on their workstations that are opposite each other.

'What?' Mahdia said placing her dough in the oven, she adjusted the timer and looked up at Lydia.

'About a business party?'

'Not interested.' Mahdia said wiping her palms on her apron. Mahdia had never attended any business parties, only heard from her brother they are always boring. And moreover, Mahdia never felt the need of attending those stupid parties, she has a small cozy café and that is all for her.

'But it is huge, business men and women from all over the world will come. I have heard they are looking for caterers in the desert and snacks department. Babes, if we get selected it will be very good for the business.'

Mahdia looked at Lydia, now she has her undivided attention. Lydia is right, this will be very huge.

'That stupid American café will also try but we will impress the organizers with our French deserts.' Lydia winked at Mahdia when she had given a nod to the idea. Mahdia nodded happily.

Mahdia is going to have a meeting fixed with the organizers of the party. She picked her phone and smiled, she is positive about this.