CHAPTER 57- MOVING TO INDIA

Ahyan and Mahdia had left the home around 9 in the night and by the time they returned home it was 1 am. Mahdia had taken Ahyan everywhere, restaurant for dinner, at the park strolling hand in hand. Mahdia had demanded him to talk sweet nothings to her which was a herculean task for him. The worst part was that she would get very emotional and in tears if he refused anything. They also had hot coffee and for the rest of the time, they spend sitting on a bench. Ahyan was relieved that Mahdia had finally shut up. She sat simply resting her head on his shoulder, her eyes closed and their hands entwined.

'I hope you aren't mad at me anymore.' Ahyan said as they stood at her door steps. Mahdia smiled nodding her head. She took a step down and wrapped her arms loosely around his neck.

'I am sorry...' she pouted

'Hey, don't cry again.' Ahyan sounded scared. Mahdia chuckled and took a step closer.

'Thank you.' she whispered gazing into his eyes. Ahyan smiled and leaned forward kissing her forehead.

'I love you.' he said

Mahdia lowered her gaze for a second before looking back into his eyes.

'I love you too.' She replied.

They stared into each other's eyes before their gaze fell on the lips. Mahdia smiled as Ahyan leant forward, his lips aiming towards her.

They kissed each other.

*********************************************

One week later,

Mahdia and Mariam clung to each other and cried all the way as the cab drove them to the airport. Mrs. Siddiqui herself was emotional but she was graceful in hiding it. Last night when they were packing Mariam had lost her cool when no one was telling her anything.

'Why am I being sent there with Ahyan? Why is it so important for me to go, why can't I come with you guys?' Mariam and stomped her feet and demanded angrily. Mahdia had tried her best to ignore her but when Mariam began throwing her clothes out from the suitcase, Mahdia had lost her cool too.

'Because Ahyan is your Mamu (Maternal Uncle) and in India are your grandparents.' Mahdia had scolded angrily.

Mariam was stunned and it was then Mahdia realized that this was not the way to disclose such important info to her. Later, Mahdia had made Mariam sit on her lap and explained everything about Ahyan being Sadaf's brother and their plan. Mariam hadn't reacted but Mahdia knew she was listening. Later, when everything sunk into her Mariam agreed to be part of the plan.

'I will miss you, Maddy.' She had said. The Aunt-niece hugged and cried.

Ahyan paced at the entrance of the airport, occasionally glancing at his watch. Mahdia and gang are again late, but this time unlike last time he doesn't dare "over-react". A cab stopped and to Ahyan's relieve Mrs. Siddiqui climbed down first followed by Mahdia and Mariam. Mariam had a small bag pack on her shoulder and Mahdia (with the help of the driver) took out a little suitcase from behind the car. Ahyan smiled but his smile dropped on seeing Mahdia's and Mariam's swollen face. Mrs. Siddiqui was the better of the lot, she smiled at Ahyan. He smiled back.

Mahdia and Mariam greeted him dryly neither of them looked at him. They had their palms clenched tightly.

***************************************

After the check-in, Ahyan felt exactly like a groom at the bride's Bidaai function. Clueless. Mariam is crying and Mahdia kneeled in front of her, she held her arms and instructed her little niece. All the while crying herself. Her lips trembled and voice cracked as she said, 'I... have... packed... everything... you... will... be needing...Don't cry baby...and take care of yourself...Call me every night... eat well and...and...I will miss you....' Mahdia hugged Mariam and the two clung to each other crying.

Mrs. Siddiqui placed her palm on Ahyan's shoulder and he tilted his head to look at her, she gave him a sympathetic look and he gave back an appreciate-it look.

Mariam and Mahdia waved at each other good-bye with a glass window in between them. Ahyan didn't have the heart to take Mariam with him but he had to else they will miss their flight.

Ahyan got a Dairy Milk chocolate bar and walked towards the seat where Mariam is slumped. She has her head lowered and her gaze fixed on a photograph of Mahdia, herself and Mrs. Siddiqui smiling brightly. Mariam is in the centre with her arms around Mahdia and her grandmother who are kneeled on the ground. Mariam sighed letting a tear drop escape her eye.

'See what I have bought for you.' Ahyan said brightly. Mariam didn't look up. Ahyan didn't lose hope, he dangled the chocolate in front of her eyes. Slowly, she looked up at it.

'Here have this, you will feel better.' Ahyan said

'Thanks...'Mariam mumbled taking the chocolate from his hand. Ahyan is relieved.

'So, you are my real Mamu. Blood Mamu?' Mariam asked after a while of munching on the chocolate. Ahyan for a second is taken back because Mariam sounded normal, then he reminded himself what Mahdia had said about chocolates and girls, 'Women or girl if you want to lift their mood just feed them chocolate and see the magic happen.'

Ahyan smiled.

He looked at Mariam and nodded. Ahyan isn't surprised about Mariam knowing the truth because last night Mahdia had called and informed him about their argument and her blustering the truth to Mariam.

Mariam looked away, 'You are mother's brother.'

'Yes.'

'How was my mother like?'

Ahyan didn't know how to react, he kept silent. Mariam looked at him, her eyes fixed on him. Slowly, he looked at her too.

'I was young when she died, so I don't know about her.' Mariam clarified. Ahyan noticed tears glistening in her eyes and this time even he had tears in his eyes.

'She is... was... a very wonderful person. Caring, Intelligent, smart, beautiful, understanding.' Ahyan had a proud smile on his face and his eyes twinkled as he spoke about his sister. She was perfect, and he used to look up at her for advice, also like a role-model. According to Ahyan he has never met a more sorted person than her.

'Then why did you guys kick her out?' Mariam asked innocently. Ahyan frowned, his first reflexive reaction was 'What has Mahdia told her?' he made a mental note to talk to Mahdia about this later.

He fixed his expressions and smiled at Mariam, 'We didn't kick her out. She got married and like every girl, after marriage, she moved on with her husband.' Ahyan said. Mariam had a feeling Ahyan is uncomfortable with the question so she dropped more questions. The rest of their waiting hour they spend silently. Ahyan read a business magazine while Mariam read a comic that he got for her.

During the flight, Mariam kept staring out of the window into the darkness. This is the first time she is sitting on the plane; last time she was on the plane she was an infant. She got scared when the turbulence shook the plane little. But Ahyan held her hand tightly. He then distracted her by playing an animated movie on the small TV screen stuck to the back of the front seat. Ahyan pushed his seat back little, adjusted his neck pillow, pulled the duvet to his chin, covered his eyes with sleeper and soon fell asleep.

Since this is business class it was a very comfortable journey for them with excellent service and stomach filling three meal course.

*********************************************

So, guys how was the Chapter? 

Excited guys?? Mariam is going to India and meet her grandparents. How do you guys think her grandparents going to react? And will Ahyan and Mahdia get married, will their plan succeed?