CHAPTER 27- AT THE OPERA

Two nights later,

Ahyan and Mahdia were in constant touch with each other, though they couldn't meet in person they made it a point to talk to each other over the phone. Always in the late hours of the night. Mahdia would lock herself in the bathroom, close the flap of the seat and sit over it talking to Ahyan, while he just moves to the window talking to her. When talking to each other they didn't get the sense of time, and one time they spoke till dawn. Once again, Mahdia did all the talking, Ahyan mostly listened.

The more they talked the more Ahyan felt attracted towards her and the more Mahdia fell in love with him. Despite his contrasting personality from hers, Mahdia fell in love with him and she was fully aware of what she is getting into. She is too much in love to care.

Kumar sat working on the presentation while Ahyan stood by the window smoking. They both are in the hotel room working on their presentation for their meeting tomorrow. Ahyan gazed up into the sky, the setting sun leaving an orange hue, the chilly breeze fanning his face, his smoke keeping him warm.

Kumar shivered feeling the chilly breeze from the window but he didn't dare object it. As Ahyan took a long drag, his phone rang. He glanced at it expecting an official call, to his surprise he saw Mahdia's name flash. He immediately picked it up.

'Hey!' he said

'Hey!' she replied, then she added, 'I have gotten four tickets for an Opera show tonight, for us. So?' Ahyan smiled sensing her nervousness.

'French?'

'Yeah, but they have translations and I am there na, I will translate.' She said quickly.

Ahyan pretended to think, all the while enjoying Mahdia's tension, the pattern of her breathing gave her away. He then said, 'Sure.' Mahdia sighed in relieved. Ahyan glanced at Kumar and then added, 'Are you sure we should take Kumar along.'

'Well yeah, poor guy will curse us otherwise.' Mahdia said and laughed. Ahyan smiled nodding in agreement.

Mahdia then added, 'Lydia is also joining us so don't worry she will keep him company.'

'Good!'

****************************************************

'Oww.' Mahdia winced as Lydia pulled the zip of her dress hard.

'Relax Babes.' Lydia said. She took a step back and gestured Mahdia to have a look at the mirror. Mahdia looked up at her reflection.

She is wearing a sparkling sequin Rose Gold evening gown, it has beautiful lace neckline. But the only thing that Mahdia didn't like was the deep open cowl back. She wanted to cover it with her hair but Lydia glared at her and warned her strictly to not do that. She made her sit facing the dressing table. She began doing her hair.

'Wow, Maddy. Someone is looking sexy.' Mariam said. She had just entered the room. Mahdia gasped while Lydia nodded in agreement.

'Mariam, who taught you that word.' She frowned at her niece.

'Please Maddy, you are one always using **** cuss words in front me and I can't use the word sexy.' Mariam said seriously. Mahdia gaped at her while she shuffled through her books.

'Kids!' Lydia said shaking her head.

Lydia took nearly 15minutes and was done with Mahdia's hair. Mahdia looked at her reflection, she smiled looking at her side braided bun, few strands of loose hair fell on her face cupping her face. Lydia then applied her make-up, red glossy lipstick, black kohl, eyeliner. She also made her wear a pearl necklace, a watch, pearl bracelet.

'Done!' Lydia smiled proudly. Mahdia smiled back.

Their smile broke when Mariam whistled.

'Maddy, looking at you I wish I was a boy.' Mariam said from over her book. Mahdia gasped, then she added with a playful frown, 'You have become a very naughty girl.' And then she, Lydia and Mariam chuckled.

'Bye Mom!' Mahdia said to her mom as she and Lydia made their way towards the main door.

'Stop!' they froze on hearing Mrs. Siddiqui's voice. She came out from the living room. She eyed Mahdia who gulped looking away. Thankfully she is wearing a heavy winter coat hiding her dress else her mother won't let her go.

'We are off to Opera, Aunty.' Lydia said. Mrs. Siddiqui looked at her briefly before looking back at Mahdia.

'Come before 10.' She said and turned around going back into the living room.

Mahdia isn't liking the changed Mrs. Siddiqui, her mother used to be so cool about her going out with Lydia but she is behaving too odd lately. Lydia placed her palm on her shoulder breaking her chain of thoughts.

******************************************************

Ahyan stepped out from the cab and looked up at the Opera House. He glanced at his watch, they are early by fifteen minutes. The crowd is there, looks like everyone are more punctual than them. Kumar leaped out from the car, he stood by Ahyan. He looked around excitedly, like a kid in a candy store. Looking at him happy Ahyan realized he would have felt terribly guilty if he had left Kumar back in the hotel room, alone.

Ahyan adjusted his coat and walked towards the Opera house, Kumar followed him silently.

Ahyan and Kumar stood by the ticket counter, he kept glancing at his watch while Kumar continued to look around wide-eyed and mouth ajar.

'Hey!'

Ahyan turned around and found Mahdia and Lydia walking towards them. Mahdia caught his gaze and smiled at him. He smiled back and Mahdia stumbled. Lydia was quick to hold her else she would have made a fool of herself.

'What are you doing?' Lydia hissed in her ear

'So...sorry.' Mahdia apologized under her breath.

'We have to deposit our coats here.' Lydia said leading them towards counters where everyone was gathered depositing their winter wear. They walked to one such counter, a tall French man greeted them with a smile. Ahyan removed his coat, as he adjusted it, his gaze fell on Mahdia who had just removed her coat. He stared at her, suddenly looking at her in a new light. She didn't look the usual tomboyish but elegant and stunning. For the first time, he stared at her slim figure. Kumar accidentally dashed into him while removing his coat and only then did he look away.

'Come.' Mahdia said she smiled at Ahyan and Kumar. For some reason, Ahyan didn't like her smiling at Kumar.

They had gotten balcony seat, 'It must be expensive.' Ahyan said admiring the carving. There are four chairs, it is like their private window. Their seat in the second row. Ahyan pulled a chair for Mahdia, something he has never done for any women. She smiled and sat, before anyone else could sit beside her, Ahyan sat beside her.

Lydia opposite Mahdia and Kumar besides her. He kept excitedly talking to Lydia who seemed bored but pretended she is interested in talking to him. Mahdia looked at Ahyan who smiled at her, she smiled looking away.

**********************************************

How was the Chapter, guys? Do let me know your views in the comments.

The teaser is coming soon :)

That's all for today, next update tomorrow.