CHAPTER 22- ALL IN THE PAST

'Woah, girl! Are you thinking of going and meeting him?' Lydia asked her eyebrows raised. Mahdia looked at her with a like-duh! Look. Lydia shook her head, she walked towards Mahdia.

She sighed placing her palms on her shoulder, 'You know nothing! You are new in this. Babes, trust me, I have dated more than twenty guys in my lifetime. I know.' She said matter-of-factly. Mahdia blinked at her.

'See don't make yourself look like a despo, make him wait longer.' She winked at her.

'But what if he gets offended?' Mahdia sounded worried. Looking at Mahdia's frightened innocent face, Lydia chuckled.

***********************************

Ahyan impatiently kept tapping his fingers, his gaze darting from his watch to the door through which he had seen Mahdia enter inside the workstation. He felt agitated. He had wanted to just walk up to her and apologize (something that he has never done before especially to a woman) but Kumar suggested flowers and a note.

'It will flatter her and she will instantly forgive you. Plus, you don't have to face her when she is angry.' Kumar had reasoned, Ahyan had found it sensible then but now he is regretting it.

Ahyan sighed, leaning forward he gulped down the fifth glass of water. Mahdia peeped from inside the work station, looking at him irritated she felt nervous.

'F*** Lydia's dating rules, I am going to meet him.' Mahdia said but before she could open the door Lydia's stern voice stopped her. She groaned when Lydia held her hand and dragged her towards their counter.

'It's been one hour, he is here since 6. Please let me go.' Mahdia pouted. Lydia shook her head. Mahdia groaned. Soon, Lydia got busy making her special cupcakes and seeing the perfect chance Mahdia tip-toed backward and cleverly dashed into the washroom. She quickly fixed her attire and placed half her hair on the side. She peeped from inside the washroom, Lydia is still busy, her back to her. Mahdia smirked. She tip-toed and sneakily left the workstation. Hearing the door open and close, Lydia turned around and noticed Mahdia is missing. She sighed in defeat and then smiled, 'Silly girl.'

Ahyan stood up, he has decided to leave, perhaps she still mad at him, fair enough, what he had done was shameful indeed but then he had rectified his mistake.

'Women.' Ahyan muttered. He is about to pick up his sunglasses when someone cleared their throat beside him. He turned his head and found Mahdia smiling at him, a small shy smile.

'Hey!' she said nervously.

'Hey!' Ahyan smiled back.

Seeing him smile for the first time, Mahdia's heart began racing. She couldn't hear anything else but her frantically beating heart and she couldn't see anything but Ahyan and his gorgeous smile.

'You got my note and flowers?' he asked breaking her chain of thought. She nodded her head. Ahyan took a step forward and out of nervousness, she took a step back. Ahyan stopped, he looked at her.

'Look, Mahdia. I am sorry for last night. I shouldn't have...I was a jerk.' Ahyan said sincerely. Mahdia looked up at him, into his dark eyes, gazing into them she knew he was genuinely sorry. She nodded her head, 'I forgive you, Ah-Ahyan.' She felt shy to say his name but somehow managed to say it. She could feel her cheeks burn.

Ahyan looked at her briefly before extending his hand, 'So, all back in the past?' he said.

Mahdia looked at his hand, she felt like her heart would tear open her rib-cage and jump out. She felt her palms sweaty. She wiped it on her pants and extended her hand. Though it wasn't visible she knew her hand was trembling. As soon as her palm touched his, she felt a shiver run down her spine, the one similar to what she had felt that day they hand met for the first time. She nodded her head.

Ahyan moved his hand, he didn't want to go. For some reason, he wanted to stay more with her. Now, looking at her in a different light he wanted to know her more.

'Have a seat, I will get you our special.' Mahdia said after few seconds and Ahyan is relieved.

'I will, only if you sit and eat with me.' he smiled. Ahyan mentally frowned, he has never spoken so cheekily before. He doesn't know what has gotten into him and made him say what he did.

Mahdia nodded pushing behind a random strand of hair behind her ear. She then turned around and called a waiter.

'Get two plates of and custard tart and.' she then turned to Ahyan, 'Coffee?' she asked Ahyan.

'Black coffee without sugar.' He said

Mahdia nodded, 'One black coffee without sugar and one tea, you know how I like it.' she said.

The waiter jotted it down, and after giving a polite nod he left. Ahyan looked at Mahdia amused. She looked at him, her smile faded and she felt nervous again.

'Damn Heart, SHUT UP!' She mentally scolded her heart.

*******************************

So, guys are you all enjoying the story. 

Guys, Someone seems to be hopelessly in love *Ahem* Mahdia *Ahem*

What did you guys think of this part? Do let me know in the comments. And don't be shy

That's all for today folks, next update tomorrow.

I might post a teaser.