Three

The classic alarm sound goes off and I quickly shut it off after Valerie told me too. I change into my uniform which isn't that bad actually. A white blouse, grey skirt and a navy blue blazer with the logo of the school embroidered on the pocket on the front. I put on my black ballet flats and then put a little bit of mascara on my eyelashes. By the time I am ready, Valerie is finished too so we head down for breakfast. Chester, Ethan, Mason, Heather and Brooke are already in the living room when we walk inside. "Good morning." Valerie and I say as we sit down. They all reply.

Heather walks in. "I had the weirdest dream, daddy blocked my bank account so I could not buy the shoes that I wanted." She says. "Like you do not have enough already." Mason mutters but she heard it anyway. "Mason, you can never have enough shoes." She says as she pours in a cup of tea for herself. I grab some toast and pour in some orange juice in a glass. Elijah, Paige and Lucy walk in as well. "Good morning." Kate says smiling. She grabs an extra seat and joins us. "How is the new history teacher?" She asks us. I keep quiet but the other people react positive. "He is nice." Ethan says. We talk some more and then Kate tells us to get ready. I brush my teeth and then collect my bag.

Valerie and Ethan are waiting for me when I get downstairs. "We are going to walk with you and show you around since we still have got half an hour." Valerie says as we walk through the door that lead us to the school building. "So here we have the lockers." Ethan says. "This one is yours." Valerie says pointing to one of the grey metal lockers which has my name on the tag. I nod and then we walk towards the first classroom we see. "Here we have Drama." Valerie says. "This room is called the Theater room." She says pointing to the tag next to it. We move on to the other classrooms. "Here we have French, English and History." Ethan points towards the three classrooms next to each other. The corridor around the corner holds the classrooms for Economy, Physics, Math and Design & Technology. They explain to me.

"Up here we have Biology and Science." They say as we walk up the stairs. The bell goes as a sign to get the class. "We have Science now by the way." Ethan says. We take our places in the chairs. This room is a lab and a classroom at the same time. "Good morning, ladies and gentleman." The man says. "You must be our new student. I am Mr. Rutherford, principal of this school and your science teacher." He tells me. "Thank you sir." I say and smile.

We talk about making our own science experiments. The lesson is very interesting and fun until Mason accidentally mixed in the wrong liquid in the potion. Of course everybody laughed until Mr. Rutherford got mad at him and gave him detention.

Our next class is Drama. We go downstairs and enter the Theater room. "This is such a good teacher, his name is Mr. Carter." Valerie whispers in my ear. "Good morning everybody." He says. "I will need someone to help me with a play." He says. "What is your name?" He asks me. "Amy." I answer. "You come here." He says and I get on the stage. This is a scene between a young couple. We play for half an hour. "What did you see in this role play?" He asks the group when I have sat down again. "A man probably nine years older expressing his love to a girl." Elijah says. "This scene had romance and passion." Mr. Carter says. "Yeah, sure." Elijah answers. "This script has a lot of more scenes like this and it is on all of you to pair up with a partner and perform this play up coming week." He says. "In this scene the girls pair up with a boy but if there are no boys left then I will just pair you up with someone else." The man explains. He pairs everyone up. Ethan and I are paired up to perform tomorrow. 

The bell rings again and our upcoming class is Economy. Valerie has told me the names of the teachers at lunch time before this class started. Mr. Lancaster explains us the equations and us homework to make.

French is up next and we walk over to the classroom. A lady enters the room. "Bonjour, mesdames et messieurs." She notices me and smiles.
"Oh hello. Welcome to this school." She is an older lady, who looks very kind and polite. "Would you like to introduce yourself to the class?" She asks me. "English or French. Your choice. I obviously  prefer French" She says and I sigh before standing up.

"Je m'appelle Amy Flemming, j'ai 16 ans. Je suis de Londres et je suis hier déplacé à Meadowwick." I say quickly before sitting back down in my seat. Chester and Ethan, who are sitting in front of Valerie and I, turn around to look at me with wide eyes. "Très bien." She says with a very impressed look.

"Present tense and past tense." Mrs. Wilson says as she writes some terms on the chalk board that hangs behind her on the wall. "I don't want to have to give you an F for this subject on the test again." She says looking strictly at Elijah. "It was because of the substitute." Elijah mutters. "That is just because you did not pay attention." Mrs. Wilson says with a irritated look on her face.

"We will be practicing this more before the big test on Wednesday." She says. The bell rings. "Amy Flemming, where did you learn how to say all of that?" Valerie says clearly amazed. "My mother's family was French so that is why." I say. "That is so cool." She says and smiles. "Merci." I say with a smile as we head towards the lounge room that they use to spend their lunch breaks.

* * *

We had two more classes. Biology and History. Valerie had detention since she talked to much in the History class. Ethan and I arrive in the house. I head up to my room to get changed into a different outfit and go for a burgundy top, black jeans and a pair of brown boots. "It didn't go that bad for a first day, did it?" Chester asks as I walk inside the living room. "No, I don't think so." I say with a smile as I sit down on the couch.

After an hour, Valerie comes in and sits down. "Mr. Mayer made me write all of the school rules down twice." She says when she has let out a sigh. "You know how he is with people talking as he gives his explanation about the First World War." Chester says rolling his eyes at the topic. "Hey, the topic is pretty interesting." Ethan tells Chester.

I am up in my room reading a book that I have tried to read in the train on the way here but I could not concentrate at all so I am trying to get through it now. The story is called One Million Miles and from what I have already read it is pretty emotional.

Heather walks in. "Have you seen Valerie?" She asks me and I look up. "No, I am sorry." I answer her. "Maybe she is still downstairs." I mention. "If she would be there, I would have seen her." Heather snaps before walking out again. I fall back on my bed with a sigh.

I read on until Valerie walks in. She changes into another outfit before sitting down on her bed. "Heather was looking for you, by the way." I tell her and she nods. "I have seen her already." Valerie answers. "What did she want?"  I ask her and she turns to me. "She wanted to know if I had nail polish remover. I ran out so I didn't have some for her." Valerie says. 

"Heather will get by." Valerie says as she sits down on my bed next to me. "Macy lived here before you came. Two months ago she left rather unexpected. Her parents told us that she went to Fashion School but Heather still misses her. best friend." Valerie explains. Valerie went to make her homework and so did I. Since I arrived in the middle of the year, I need to catch up on something. Luckily, Economy is one of my best subjects so it is not that hard. 

Ethan and Mason are on chores so they clean up the table after dinner. Paige, Valerie, Lucy and I are talking in the living room. "He is really kind when he wants to be." Paige says. We are kind of gossiping about Mason since Lucy really likes him. "He is still into Heather and she still likes him. You can see that with how he acts around her." Lucy says with a small frown. "He is over her, do not worry." Paige says with a smile. "Fine." Lucy says and drops the subject. 

I decide to go and take a shower since we have half an hour before we need to be our rooms. After the shower, brushing my teeth, taking my makeup of and changing into my pajamas, I get in bed. With Valerie coming up soon, I take the time to read some more.