Six

Ethan and I decided to enter school together since Valerie had a hard time getting up this morning. "It is pretty weird that we have a secret room in this school." He mentions. "Yes, a bit." I say. "But who knows if it is secret? Maybe Kate knows about it as the owner of the house. She must have some kind of ground plan of this house." I suggest and he nods. "Yes, you might be right." He says. "But it looked like no one has been there in so long since the bookcase had a hard time to open and the handle made a terrible sound." He says and I agree. We head towards Economy and sit down behind one of the tables. 

"These equations will be a little harder but if you understand them, it will not be that hard anymore and it will be easier to make them." Mr. Lancaster explains. He tells what to earn for the test and how to solve the equations written on the board. To be honest, I didn't focus on the explanation and went straight ahead with the tasks. "Do you do something like tutoring or something?" Valerie asks me. "Of course." I say with a smile when I see her notebook that is still empty. She smiles at me. 

My next class is Latin. You could choose a specific foreign language subject. Valerie had chosen for Spanish so she walks off towards her classroom quickly. Mr. Steward walks in and smiles at us. The only person doing the same subject is Ethan so I just sit down next to him.

The bell rings announcing that it is lunch break. "Latin and Economy. You are smarter than I thought." Ethan says but becomes red as soon as I face him. "Oh that sounded so stupid and mean." He says shocked. I remember what he said in the library and smile. "You called me nice yesterday so I think it is okay." I say and his cheeks become even more red now. "You heard all of that?" He asks and I nod. "That is so awkward." Ethan says looking at the floor. "It is fine, really." I tell him with a smile and luckily he drops it. We eat our snacks and finish our drinks. "Kids listen up." Mr. Rutherford walks in to the room. "This room will be made in to a classroom in the next few weeks." He announces. "Starting then it will be not allowed to sit in here anymore." He adds and leaves the room after that.

"This place has always been our area to sit in." Paige says. "That is non sense." Her voice is stern. "As a council member this will be on my list to report." She says. Valerie looks at her and smiles. "This is our space." Valerie says with a smile.

"Heather and Elijah." Mr. Carter says excited about what is to come. Everybody is curious about what they have planned. "But love. I would never do anything to hurt you." Elijah says. "I know and that is why I am staying with you. I want to wake up with you and come home from work early to see you. I do not want to leave you." Heather says getting so caught up in her role. "Never ever would I leave you for someone." Elijah says wanting to get this over it. "Prove that to me." Heather says. And then Elijah kisses Heather. "This is not in the script but it was so well played." Mr. Carter says clapping his hands. Lucy looks over at Mason. He has a jealous look on his face and then it changes. "It was not in the script." He mutters.

Everybody is talking about the Drama class and Heather smiles. "It was great." Elijah tells Chester who rolls his eyes. "Just so you now, Val. I will not be kissing you when we perform." Chester tells Valerie as we walk into the Biology classroom. "I was not going to be letting you." She says looking at him with a fake disgusted look on her face.

***

School went by quickly and we head back to the house. "I was thinking about going in town to get something for Brooke." Valerie says as we are sitting in the living room. "Want to join me?" She asks. "Sure." I say and we check out before heading out. There are a few smaller boutiques in the street. They all look very cute and we enter the first one. "Hello Valerie." The sweet old lady greets us. "Hello." Valerie says with a smile. "Is your friend staying over in the house?" The lady asks her as she looks at me. "No, she is actually new here." Valerie explains. "She lives with us in the school now." The woman smiles before going back to the counter to let another customer pay. 

We look around and see a lot of things that are really fun but not for Brooke so we go to another little boutique that immediately makes us think of Brooke when walking inside of the little shop. The owner greets us before we walk over to the small things that are displayed  on the small tables. "Do you think that Brooke will like this?" I ask Valerie as I pick up a silver necklace with a star shaped chain on it. "I believe she would not really wear it since she already wears her cross necklace a lot." She says.

"This is gorgeous." I say picking up a golden one with a small heart shaped diamond attached to the chain. "That is beautiful." Valerie admits and smiles.

We buy our gifts for Brooke and walk back towards the house. We check back in and head upstairs to our bedroom. After dropping my bags on the floor, I sit down on my bed and smile. Today was a lot of fun since I got to know Valerie a bit better. "I have something for you." Valerie speaks up as she takes out a small gift bag. I pull out the small box and smile when I see the necklace that I was holding earlier.

"Valerie, that is so sweet of you." I say and she smiles. "I saw how much you loved it and went back in when you were looking in the other shop." My smile grows. "Thank you so much." Giving her a hug when I have put the necklace around my neck, she smiles and says: "Just see it as a little welcome gift." I look at the necklace again and smile. "I love it."

Dinner is served and we begin to eat.