Twenty-two

This morning the alarm got set early. Everybody is in their pyjamas as we arrive in the living room for breakfast. Apparently, the volunteers Kristen and Alice are making pancakes which explains the delicious smell that lingers in the room. "Good morning, girls." Kirsten says as she hands us both a plate. "Thank you. I am so hungry." Valerie says as she pours syrup on the pancake in front of her. "Come to mama." She says as she cuts the pancake and brings it the fork to her mouth. "Pancakes!" Mason's sleepy morning voice, sounds through the living room and he walks towards the table.

"Today we will not be doing a lot." Mrs. Wilson says as she enters. "We will be leaving at three in the afternoon." Mrs. Wilson tells us as she pours in a cup of coffee.

"Today we will be visiting a Shakespeare play to end this trip." Mr. Rutherford tells us. "Dress up in the formal clothing you have got with you and be ready at two thirty." We all get upstairs and I pack up my stuff. Heather is in the bathroom getting herself ready. "We need to be ready at three so hurry up!" Elijah says harshly as he knocks on the door loudly. The door opens and she looks angry. She closes the door again with a bang. "What did I do wrong?" Elijah asks me. I roll my eyes. "Take this example from me." I tell him.

"Heather, we need to be ready by two thirty so can you maybe let us in or speed up a little bit, please?" I ask her as kindly as possible. A few minutes later, the door opens again and reveals a smiling Heather. "Of course." She takes her toiletry bag with her and enters the bedroom where she was staying in. "What did I do wrong?" Elijah asks me seriously not knowing what is up. "Try asking it nicely next time." I tell him and walk into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

As I wait for the others downstairs, I check myself in the mirror downstairs in the mirror that hangs in the hall. My dress is a black skater dress with a white laced collar attached to the neckline. My ballet flats match it well. The leather jacket is in my hand until we head out. Chester walks downstairs and smiles at me. "You look nice." I smile at his complement and look at him. He is wearing a black button up shirt with a black pair of jeans. "Did you pack the diary in your suitcase?" He asks me looking at my suitcase and I nod. When everybody has arrived downstairs with their belongings, we walk out of the mansion and wait a few minutes for the bus.

* * *

The place where the play is being held, is pretty crowded and the place is very pretty. The play was beautiful. We have a drink and then head back to the bus to drive back home to Meadowwick. Chester and I sit next to each other since Brooke and Valerie decided on sitting next to each other as well.

The ride took a little bit longer than we expected but after listening to some music on Chester's iPod, talking about random things and talking with Valerie and Chester as well, we arrive at the school grounds. We enter through the big gates and see our home.

"Hello everybody. How was it?" Kate asks us as we enter through the door of the house. "It was a lot of fun." Mr. Rutherford tells her proudly. "That is lovely to hear. I have made tea." Everybody smiles and sets their stuff down in the hallway before walking in to living room. "Tell me all about it." Kate pours in the tea and listens to our stories. "So last night, we were worried sick about Amy and Chester who were home late." Heather tells her which makes her interested smile fades. "Amy and Chester got lost?" Kate asks us suspiciously as she looks at us. "Yes, we did." Chester says and smiles. "Anyway, they got back safely. That is the most important thing right."

We all get changed into comfortable clothes on Heather's request. She was wearing a pair of high heels and her feet were aching. I decide to take a shower. After washing my body and hair, I change into a legging, I realize that I still have the sweater that Chester gave me and put it on over the shirt.

When I get up into my room later in the evening, I feel very tired and decide to get ready for bed. I take out my glasses and put them on since my eyes are hurting a bit. I head into the bathroom, brush my teeth, brush out my hair and get into bed after doing those things. My book is out of my bag and I read two chapters before going to sleep.