Eighteen

Yesterday night we didn't get to ask Elijah about the things from Ethan's room. We decided to do it this morning.

When I have gotten ready for school I walk downstairs and see Elijah sitting at the dining table still eating. He is holding a chat with Mason. "Elijah, can I speak to you?" I ask Elijah, who just looks at me. "Ohhh." Mason says. "Cut it off." Elijah tells him and Mason gets up. "Going for a quick run anyway." He still have 10 minutes until school but okay.

"I have a question and please answer honestly." He nods waiting for me to ask the question. "You are together with Chester aren't you?" He asks me and I nod. "Not officially or anything but I guess you can say that." He laughs and sticks his hands deep in his pockets of his pants.

"What was it that you wanted to ask me?" Okay. "Have you stole something from Ethan's room lately?" He looks at me with an offended look. "Amy, how bad do you think I am. I would not steal anything. What did you think I stole?" I look over at him and try to think of how to form this. "A diary and a box with some things?" He shakes his head. "Does not ring a bell. All though I did see Kate walking out of his room with things in her hands." I sigh. Oh no. "Who did the diary belong to?" Elijah asks me. "It belonged to my dad." I quickly come up with something.

"I would never read his diary. That is something personal." He tells me. "That is why I really want it back." I say. "If it was yours I would maybe think of reading it." He jokes. "So you didn't take his stuff." I ask to confirm as we enter the school doors. "No. If you know who it was, maybe I could get them back for you." He suggests. "Thank you. Elijah." I say with a smile. "No problem." He turns to me. "What is Ethan doing with this diary anyway if it doesn't belong to him?" Elijah asks me. "He is keeping it safe for me. I already lost in once so don't want to lose it again."

We have a sort of test from Design & Technology. Since Elijah and I were talking, Valerie and Brooke are sitting next to each other so are Chester and Ethan.
No choice so Elijah and I decide to sit next to each other. Chester looks at me with a confused look. "Look at your own papers, be quiet and get good grades." Mr. Lewis says as he hands out the tests.

When we have finished the test, you were allowed to go and that is what I did when I had finished. Chester waited for me outside and smiles. "And, what did he say?" Ethan asks me when he has come out of the classroom. "He did not take anything. He didn't know about a diary or a box. He did see Kate walking out of your room with some things." We head to the next class and wait until the bell rings to enter.

"Amy, I really hope that you find your fathers diary." Elijah says as Chester and I sit down. "Fathers diary?" Chester asks looks at me with a confused expression. "I hope so too." I answer Elijah and he sits down next to Mason. "To ask him about the objects, I told him that the diary was my fathers." I explain to Chester. Mr. Rutherford walks in. "Because of personal issues with Mr. Hamlet. Math will be dismissed." He tells us and we head out of the class.

"I can not believe that Kate would steal something from a student." Valerie says and I nod as we sit down in the beanbags in the lounge area. "I would not expect it either." I admit. "Oh my god!" Valerie says and smiles. She takes a flyer out of the small box in front of her on the table. "They are organizing the dance again!" She squeals.

"On the 16th of October, we will be leaving for camp. We will be coming back on the 19th. Saturday the 27th is the night of the prom. It will be awesome!"

"I am very curious about this year's theme." The themes have been: Neon lights, New York, Haunted House and Carnival. "Last year there was no dance since our old Design & Technology teacher passed away from illness." Valerie explains looking down at the flyer in her hands.

"Who comes up with the themes for the dance?" I ask her when we are thinking of fun themes for this year's dance. "Every class has a council member. Paige is our council member so she is a member of the organization that comes up with fun ideas for events like these."

Since we have a long period of time, we make our homework and eat our snacks. We have a class that is dismissed and a 15 minute break.

* * *

When we are done with Economy class, we head to our French class.

"Good morning, class." Mrs. Wilson greets us happily when we have sat down in our seats. "So as you might know next week will be going away for camp. Here for you I have a packing list for you all."

We talk about the camping trip. Mrs. Wilson tells us that our grades will be counted during this trip. "Your behavior is very important during this trip and will be influencing you grades strictly." I look at the list of things to take with me.

Packing list:

•sweater/thick jacket
•coat
•5-6 sets of clothing
•fancier clothing
•undergarments/socks
•closed shoes
•sneakers/slippers or flats
•Toiletries
-toothpaste
-toothbrush
-shampoo
-soap
•books/magazines
•pen/pencil
•notebook
•Chargers
•camera/cell phones

The rest of the lesson was just talking about the trip. Since the location is still a secret, we will have to do with the information that we do get.

* * *

After two hours of English, we walk home and I drink something. When my glass is empty I walk through the garden door and close it behind me. The air is a little cold but not that it bothers me. I sit down on the bench and think for a while. Ethan has not find anything else out and that explains that we can not continue. He can not do anything about it. Kate has the things that we need and since Chester and I got grounded there is not even a chance that we can get it back. It frustrates me a little bit. What does this all mean and why did he want us to fix all of this.

"Are you okay?" Valerie asks as she walks into the garden and sits down next to me. "Yes. I guess so." She looks at me. "I know what you are thinking, Amy. You don't understand and think that is very complicated." Valerie says reading my thoughts. "Yes." She looks at me. "I think the same thing." Her admitting that gives me a good feeling about this all since I am not the only one that thinks this way. "Maybe you should head inside. Chester wanted to see you."