Sixteen

Authors note: 

There will be a few POV changes in this chapter. It is kind of important for this story. 

* * * 

Chester's POV

As we have a break after our History class, I realize that my books for the next classes are in my locker and decide to get them. Amy and Valerie are standing against their lockers having a conversation. Now is the time to ask. Not after school. Now. I did not know that this could be nerve wracking even though it is not the first time doing it.

I decide to approach her. They turn to me. "Amy, can I talk to you?" I ask her hoping. "Yes, of course." She says smiling at me waiting for what I got to ask. I look over at Valerie to give her a hint. She nods. "I will leave you two alone." To be honest I am quite happy about that since otherwise this might end up in the school newspaper. 

"What did you want to ask me?" Amy asks when she closes her locker when she has got her books out. "Well." My hands run through my hair. "I was hoping you would like to go..." I pause and look at her. "Somewhere with me?" She smiles. "Like on a date?" Amy asks me and I nod. "Chester. I would love to." Amy answers and I smile. We walk into our next class.

Amy's POV

"Really?" Valerie squeals. "Yes." I confirm for the second time. "When, where and how?" I tell her to be a little bit quieter. "I do not know yet." I tell her and then start the computer that is standing in front of me. "Everybody be quiet. It is important to listen carefully to the explanation I am about to give you since it will be a bit harder than the last lesson." Mr. Lewis tells us. 

Mr. Rutherford interrupts our class and we get told that in two days a parent day will be held at the school. Everybody gets excited. Heather sees her parents every month since her father has connections with the school but the rest only see them in the holiday seasons. "Your aunt and uncle will be heading here and have contacted me about their stay." He tells me and I smile at the idea. 

A small note is being thrown on my table. I look around before opening the note. 

Be ready at 5, dinner and the movies tonight. 

I smile and Valerie looks from her computer, to Chester, to me and then towards the note in my hand. "He is such a gentlemen." She says with a smile on her face. Chester looks at me with a smile . "Amy, please pay attention." Mr. Lewis tells me strictly. "I'm sorry." I say, he continues his explanation clearly irritated at the interruption of his class and he looks around seeing if anyone else is paying attention. 

To be honest, it got weird in the Biology class and I with that I mean the boys. We had sexual education and I am happy that it Mrs. Miller took it down to 15 minutes of explanation since the boys were very annoying. During our Math class, it got disturbed by Mr. Rutherford. "All of you are dismissed after this class. The teachers have an urgent meeting to form with all the teachers."

 "Yes!" Mason exclaims in a very happy tone. "Now we have all the time to get you ready for your date." Valerie smiles. "We have earned a lot already." Ethan tells us when he has counted the pounds in the little box where we have stored the money from the bake sale.  "This camp will be awesome!" Valerie exclaims. "Yeah, actually I'm pretty curious how it will go." I tell them. 

The time I have is spent by me studying for the Economy test that was given up for tomorrow.  Valerie walks in to the room. "Okay, we need to look at what you will be wearing tonight." She tells me as she opens my closet. "What is your favorite dress?" Valerie asks me as she looks through the dresses that are hung up. "The one that you are holding right now." I tell her and she smiles. "It's perfect." 

Amy Flemming | Moves to Hemmingway Boarding SchoolOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara