Fifteen

Yesterday was a Sunday that was spent at the Dream Bean. Everybody decided on going there after lunch. The rest of the night was spent at home. Valerie and I had a movie marathon in our room. I am getting ready for school. My hair is still wet so decided on blow drying it and leaving it down today. When I have changed into my uniform, had my breakfast and brushed my teeth, Ethan, Valerie and I walk into the school.

We have had two hours of drama and meet Valerie again after my Latin class. "His favorite subjects are Design & Technology and Science. Favorite sport is football. Birthday date 2 of June. His mother's side his half Italian which explains his beautiful brown eyes and dreamy accent. His favorite teacher is Mr. Mayer. His favorite are Hot Dogs with a lot of ketchup. Red is his favorite color and his lucky number is 4." Valerie informs me on Chester. "How do you know all this?" I ask her. "Oh Amy. Living with him for 5 years gives you a lot of information, you eventually even know the color of his underwear." She tells me that keeping up a serious look on her face. "He is a good kisser." Valerie tells me randomly.  "Valerie, did you ever kiss him?" Asking her that question, she quickly turns to me and laughs. "NO! Ew." Valerie walks towards our seats in the classroom where we will be having Physics. "He is very good looking but we are best friends. Believe it or not but Brooke and Chester were together for a year. She told me after their first kiss." 

We have sold a lot with the bake already, the bake sale for camp will be the whole week in the cafeteria. It was a good idea. 

* * *

School seemed to go so slowly and it feels so good to get home. I get changed into a tank top, a striped cardigan, a pair of black jeans and a pair of Adidas sneakers. "I was thinking to go back to the cottage." Ethan tells me when I arrive in the kitchen. "Why? We have been there a lot of times and have not found anything useful there yet." I tell him as I get a bottle of water out of the fridge. "That is why I want to go back there. I am sure that we haven't looked closely enough." I frown. "I know that you do not like it there but you want to find out more right?" He asks me. I nod.

Valerie is preparing homemade pizzas so we are not going to be disturbing her and Kate. Chester, Ethan and I check out and get into the woods.

"Check the most uncommon places. You never know what you are going to find." Ethan tells us and we do as we are told. "Have you found anything yet?" Chester asks me as we reach Mr. Hemmingway's office. "Some old journals but nothing else, you?" Chester has not found anything yet. We reach a small corridor with two doors. My hand is about to go to a door with a little plaque that says past on it when Ethan walks in. "I would not open that door if I were you." He warns me and I look at him. "That is that room where I saw the view." He explains and I sigh. "Maybe the other door will give us some more information." I say as I open the door to the other one. That room gives us nothing but an empty space where some old things are placed. "Why would it say future when there is nothing to be seen?" Chester asks me with a confused tone. "Maybe because the future still had to happen." That is what I think.

Footsteps are heard on the stairs leading to the floor that we are on. We all stay quiet and hide behind the couch in the room. "You decided to go here without even telling me?" Valerie almost yells through the small room. "Val. Do not do that again. You scared us." I tell her. "Don't do this again. You did not even tell me!" She answers. "We could not help it that you were baking pizza's with Kate. Going without telling her will make it less suspicious. I have a feeling that she knows to much already." Ethan tells her.

"Okay but tell me next time okay?" She asks us with a serious look on her face. "Promise." Valerie her eyes go to the corner behind me. "What is that?" She asks us when we have turned to that direction. A small treasure chest is placed on a small table against the wall of the room. The lock of the chest is glowing red and we all walk towards the box. "This is so weird." Ethan speaks us as he is inspecting the lock of the chest. "We do not have a key to it so maybe we should head back home." Valerie, Ethan and Chester stand up. Chester holds out his hand, helping me stand up and then he flinches pulling his hand back quickly like a reflex. "You burnt me." He says holding his hand. "Amy, your bracelet!" Valerie calls out taking my arm right above my wrist to not touch the bracelet. The bracelet is gleaming a red color.  "Wait a minute." Ethan tells me and he tells me to take off the bracelet. "How come you do not get burned?" Chester asks when nothing happens to me as I do so. Ethan carefully grabs it, groaning when it burns him and he looks at it. "Can you put it against the chest." I do as I get told and hold the bracelet against the chest. When the bracelet touches the lock, the silver chain seems to melt into the wooden box and is stuck. A few seconds later, the lock opens and we take of the little lock and lift the top. "I really hope you weren't too attached with the bracelet." Valerie jokes. "Not really."

A weird shaped object comes to our view. I take it out of its place and look at it. "What is this supposed to be?" I ask Ethan who is inspecting it. "I have seen it before." He gets out his backpack and takes his stuff out until he has a piece of paper in his hand. He unfolds it and it reveals a drawing of the device. "This bit, isn't that the top bit?" He asks us as he looks at the thing in my head. "I think you might be right." Chester tells him and we look at each other. "We have found a piece of the device!" Ethan smiles.