Twenty - seven

History was about Vietnamese war. Valerie just looks bored and scribbles in her notebook. I on the other hand, was making notes in my notebook about this topic. I always do to be honest. The bell rings and gives us the sign to leave the room. "Amy, can I speak to you for a moment." Mr. Mayer asks me. "Sure." Chester motions to me that he is going to the next class. "How come you knew all those things in the history lesson the other week?" He asks me looking suspicious. "I don't know sir. Guess I just remembered from the other classes I have had at my old school." He nods. Luna walks past the room and looks through the window of the door to see if anybody is in here. Since we are on the other side of the room she can't see anybody from there. Mr. Mayer stays quiet until she is gone and then turns back to me. "Please be careful, Amy." He says and then dismisses me to leave to the next class. "Thank you." I say not really knowing what to think of that last thing he said. 

Economy was just a summary of what we had this semester so we got dismissed if we could summarize the work we had done. Valerie and Chester took a little longer to make one so I left already. As I put the books in my locker, Ethan walks towards me and opens his locker as well. "I really can't make up what those 2 days could mean." The book for biology is what I need next. "I can't either but not trying to think about it too much is maybe the best way to find it out." I tell him. "We will see what happens in two days." A familiar voice interrupts our conversation. "Maybe it means that Ethan will have to get a date in two days since you do not have one yet for the prom." Valerie tells him. He turns to face Valerie and sighs. "Seriously, that is what you came up with?" Ethan says as he closes his locker. "Admit it ever since Macy, you have never looked at a girl the same way. Just because Macy isn't here anymore, doesn't mean that there will never be a girl that wouldn't go to prom with you." Valerie looks at him as Ethan frowns. 

I meet Mason for his play. "You are giving me a role for a girl that gets bitten by a snake and dies?" I ask him shocked as Paige laughs. "Exactly." Mason answers. "How do I know how to act if I have never been bitten by one?" He looks at me like I am some alien. "Never heard of YouTube?" He says with a sassy tone. Guess I will be studying how to act like I have been bitten by a snake the whole afternoon after school. The rest of the break, I use to work further on the costumes for Elijah and Ethan. Since I deleted Chester's script, he will be helping with the music and some behind the scene stuff. The play is actually almost ready. 

The geography class is filled with students when the bell rings. Mr. Hasthings explains about the volcanoes around the world. We will have to make an essay about one of them and hand it in next semester. I decide to go for the Katla Volcano in Iceland and tell Mr. Hashtings. He tells us what should be in the essay before we get to do our researches on our volcanoes. 

In the next break, Ethan helps me with the Physics homework we got given in the class that we had before the break started. "If you do it like this, it will be a lot easier and you will understand it quickly." He explains as we finish the equations we have to make. "The plays will be held tomorrow evening in the Theater room. Students, parents and teachers are invited." Paige looks over at Mr. Carter who came to tell us the news. "The whole school will watch?" He answers my question by nodding. "The students will be coming in at 17:00." I eat my snack and slowly start to become nervous. "It will be great."  Luna smiles at us. 

Chester is standing by his locker which is close to the science classroom. He smiles at me. " I am happy that we are good again." I nod and lean in to give him a kiss before we head to our next class. Science was fun. We did the electromagnetic induction experiment today. We made our own thermometer. Each of us needed to come up with something to make or an experiment to do with the class. It was fun.

* * *

"Up or down?" Valerie asks me as she is deciding on hairstyles for the prom. "Well, I prefer up." I tell her and she makes a bun from her hair. "Up it is." She says as she pins her hair up with some clips. "Wait." I tell her and get a hair elastic and a teasing comb. I adjust the mirror so she sees what I am doing. I tease the front of her hair and tease the hair at her scout. Then I make a middle ponytail. Since Valerie her curling iron is heated up, I curl the ponytail and the hair in front of her face so it falls loosely. She smiles at me through the mirror. "How?" Valerie asks surprised. "My aunt was a hairdresser so this was a hairstyle she thought me for my prom." Valerie gives me a smile. 

I work on the essay for Geography by researching what I need to know about the volcano. The secret room keeps on distracting me. I log of from my computer and walk towards the bookcase. Pulling out the book,  the bookcase moves and I go inside. I look around the room. I don't even know why. To find something about Mr. Hemmingway, a clue about who the person can be that has the bracelet or just come here to get other answers.

When I realize that it does not help me any further, I go back to the library by pulling on the handle. I decide to stop working and leave the library. I bump into somebody on the way out. Dan. "What were you doing in there?" He asks me. "I was working on my essay for Geography." Dan nods and looks at the portraits of Mr. Hemmingway, his wife and children. "Didn't your parents get killed in a car accident as well?" He asks and my throat becomes dry. I haven't told him this and as far as I'm aware of nobody has told him about this. I wouldn't mind anyone telling him. "Yes but it was a few years ago." I tell him. "How do you know?" I ask him. "Thought I heard something about it the other day." He is giving me the creeps. "I am going to get going." As he leaves, his wrist touches my hand. A sudden wave of coldness surrounds me and a flash of light interrupts my view. I see Luna and Dan getting up to something together in a vision. What they are doing, I can't see but the feeling it gives me is not a good one. I quickly pull my hand back, like I burnt myself on something hot. I rush towards my bedroom and close the door behind me.