Ten

Today went by super-fast. We rehearsed with Lights & Dreams which went pretty well. Valerie and I change into something else before we head out to the woods. A black pair of jeans, a long green top, a black leather jacket and my boots for now. I put my hair up in a low ponytail and we head out.

"What took you so long?" Ethan asks us as Valerie and I come in sight. "You always need to be prepared." Valerie says showing him the big bag that she brought. "What is in there?" He asks her with a confused expression since we will probably only be here four an hour. "Water bottles, food, blankets and flashlights." She tells him with a serious look. "Blankets?" Valerie nods. "You never know when you will be freezing."

"This is pretty cool and scary." She whispers as we walks through the cottage. "Yes, it is." I say. "Come look." Ethan says as we walk further. "There is an attic in here." We run over to him and look up. It is a very old fashion one which you pull down for the staircase to pop out. "It looks very dark." I say. "I told you they would come in handy." She passes the flash light to us and smiles. "Be careful, the steps might not be that stable anymore." Ethan warns before stepping up the ladder.

* * *

There were some things in the attic which Ethan thought would be useful. As we walk back, Valerie keeps on telling me how cool this all was and would not stop about it. Lucy and I are chatting about some things when Valerie rushes in to the room. "Look! Look!" She squeals while she is shaking the news paper in front of me. "I can not see if you hold do not hold it still." I realize it is the school newspaper. "We are in it!" The cover has a picture of us on it and she opens the page for me.

Valerie Mitchells and new girl Amy Flemming are spotted in the Drama Room this lunch break. They were rehearsing with the school band Lights & Dreams for there assignment giving to them by Mr. Carter. Lights & Shadows is the school band who have been asked for prom. Band singers Ethan Williams and Chester Harrison have agreed to accept the offer. The theme for the prom will be announced in the next paper.

This is pretty cool. The first time I was in the school magazine was because I kissed school's football player Jake. The whole school was on about it. "This is amazing." We say smiling brightly. Since Heather her mom and dad will be visiting, we are still in our uniforms and Kate seems to be nervous about it. The house is very clean and tidy. Valerie and I have cleaned our room this morning since we did not know how late these people would be coming.

"Mother and father. It is great to see you again." Heater says when the door opens and her parents walk in. Her mother is a beautiful women for her age. Her light brown hair is pinned up neatly with a diamond clip and her dark red dress suits her perfectly. The man next to her is dressed like he just came out of a important meeting. A black suit with a white blouse underneath. "Hello, Mrs. and Mr. Richards." Kate says with a bright smile. "Hello Kate." The woman says and smiles kindly. "Hello Mrs. Winston." The man greets the lady of the house with a strict but stiff smile on his face.

The dinner is kind of forced and nobody really says anything since they do not know what to say. "How is the job going?" Kate asks Heather's dad with an interested face to keep a conversation going. "All good." The man says as he enjoys his food. "And how is my lovely daughter doing here?" He asks Kate. "Very well." She answers which makes the man smile. "If there are any problems, please let me know as soon as possible. I will get them fixed." Heather's father tells Kate with a serious face. "I will but as far as I know there aren't any problems at this moment."

Apparently, Heater's father is the person who is responsible for the things that happen at the school. Problem wise mainly, that is why he visits the school once a month to check everything. 

This evening was kind of awkward. Nobody held a conversation with someone else since we all felt pressured by her parents being there around the house. When they are in Kate's office to talk with her, we let out a sigh and finally talk. "I am sorry about them guys, I know they are kind of intimidating but that is kind of how they are." Heather speaks up when they are out of sight. "No problem, Heater." Ethan says and gives her a smile. Valerie and I head upstairs. Ethan and Chester soon come in to our rooms since Kate is busy she would not notice. "Can't you two knock?" Valerie asks. "We could have been changing." Valerie tells them, Chester smirks at her words. Valerie gives him a punch. "Listen up." Ethan says and sits down on a random chair in our bedroom. "I decided on going back in the cottage to check out the things in the attic since we could not take them with us."

"Do you want me to come with you?" Valerie asks him and he laughs. "What? I can be helpful." Valerie almost sounds offended. "Well, maybe it will get to suspicious when we leave all the time." He is right. We have been going out a lot. "She might not believe me going to Chester's grandpa on my own." We all think. "The doctor?" Valerie suggests. "No, Kate will want to know what is up and will call my parents." Ethan decides on making his homework in the school since it is 'easier' there. 

"Shouldn't we make this like an official thing?" Valerie speaks up when it has been quiet for a while. "Like a secret club?" She asks already getting exited. I remember that we would watch movies about secret clubs where they would poke themselves with a needle to bleed and prove their trust to the club by signing the paper with their blood. "I do not think that is a good idea." She looks at me. "People will suspect a lot about us four." When have said that, they all agree and nod. "We will maybe just need to swear to not tell anyone." Chester says. 

"I promise to not tell anyone about this mystery." When I have said that Ethan tells us the same thing. "I promise with my hand on my heart to not tell anybody about this mystery." Chester says and smiles. I correct him since he has his hand on the wrong side. My hand takes his hand and put it on the right side of his heart. 

"I will take this secret to the grave." Valerie says like she just entered a life changing experience. Little did we know it would be an actual life changing experience....