Twenty-five

This morning was so chaotic. I bumped into Chester this morning with a glass of orange juice which caused his school shirt to turn orange which meant he had to get a new one on before school and so did I since there were droplets of juice on mine too. The bathroom was held up by Heather deciding to curl her hair in the bathroom which took her longer than us girls had expected. Luckily, we arrived at school in time for Mrs. Wilson's class to start. 

French class was a hard one. Ethan, Valerie, Mason, Lucy and I were chatting the whole time. "Amy, Lucy, Valerie, Mason and Ethan. "Vous souhaitez faire attention ici s'il vous plaît ?" I look over at her. I apologize in French to her and hear Ethan gasp. We decide to stay quiet for the rest of the lesson and wait for the bell to ring announcing the next class to start. Mr. Mayer is writing down history years on the board. 

"All these years have a meaning since in every one of these years something has happened in our history." He calls 1963 and asks us what happened in that year. "John F. Kennedy passed away." Ethan says and Mr. Mayer smiles. "Good. 1914?" I think and realize that it was the year when World War 1 had started. I tell him and he nods. "How about 1948?" I look up. "That is the year that Prince Charles was born." I mention. 

"This was before B.C. 753." He asks. "The foundation of Rome." 1955. "Austria gets independence." The class is silent as I answer while the man just looks at me with a confused look, curious of how I know these things. "What about 1953?" Mr. Mayer asks as he walks towards my table. "That was when The Netherlands, Belgium, England and Scotland got struck by the North Sea Flood." I say. Mr. Mayer chuckles. "That is where you are wrong." He looks at the board. "In 1953 General Eisenhower got elected as the American President and in 1952, The Netherlands got struck by the North Sea Flood." I know that it is not true. "Mr. Mayer, I believe that Amy is right." Ethan tells him and he sighs. "Okay, someone look it up." Mr. Mayer asks the class. Heather takes out her history book. "In 1953, The Netherlands was struck by the North Sea Flood and in 1952 General Eisenhower got elected as the American President." She shows him the book and he nods. "You are a smart one, Amy." Mr. Mayer says and smiles. 

"How did you know all these things?" Ethan asks me. "I just seem to remember them." I tell him and he looks at me. "From older history lessons." I add and he sighs. 

In the break, we meet Heather and she smiles at us. "Thank you for coming. I need to measure your waistline for the dresses." I look at her. "Dresses?" I noticed everybody had one dress for their play since the play will only take up one class hour for every play. "You two are the lead roles so we do need you to have more than one dress." Heather smiles. "That is very sweet." I look at her and smile. As she measures, the waistline and measures all the fabric, she speaks with Valerie about Daniel. I am concerned about her concentration since the safety pin in her hand,  to mark some points, is going in all directions when she speaks. "This says that I have a kiss at the end of the play." That is what I read when reading though her scripts that she has written out for me. Heather smiles proudly at me before smiling. "Isn't it written perfectly?" She asks me and I just nod. "Who is the male role?" I ask her curiously. "Oh I'm sorry for not telling you, that is so important to know for the rehearsal." She apologizes to me. "It is Daniel." Valerie gasps. "She gets to kiss him?" Heather looks at her. According to the scripts, Daniel kisses the both of us since his character Tom, needs to choose who he wants to be with at the end.

Once the dresses are measured out, we walk towards our class. "It will be so amazing." Heather exclaims as we walk into the classroom. 

During Design & Technology we got to work on the clothing Designs. Mr. Lewis usually gives this class but since this has to do with Design and fashion, Mrs. Miller who gives us Biology helps us out with this portion. "Okay, to make the costumes look perfect there are a few main things that you have to pay attention to." She writes them down before we begin.

Since everybody is working on their own plays, nobody interferes with each other's work since some still need to write the scripts. 

I quickly take my books out of my locker before heading over to the Biology class. Mrs. Miller explains about the Muscular System. Her fingers point to the different parts  "This bit right here is called the Deltoid  muscle. It is the muscle that forms the rounded contour of the shoulder. This part is the Trapezius." All of the other muscles are explained and so are their functions. Mason just groans since all of this is what he already knows.

* * *

Ethan walks in when we I'm in the library on the computer to do some things for the play. "Chester and I have found nothing on the students this afternoon." I frown. "Maybe we should let it go for a little while." I suggest. He frowns. "This is taking up a lot of our time." Ethan admits and I nod. Ethan gasps and looks over at the screen. "Do I have to wear that for the play?" He points towards the costume that is displayed to him in a document. "You don't like it?" He laughs and hugs me. "Are you crazy? I have always wanted to wear a medieval knight costume!" I smile and print out the document since I need it. 

We meet up with Valerie. I tell her that we are taking a little time of on the research. She is happy about it since she is the one who is always pretty scared to go somewhere that has to do with it. "Just because we are taking time off doesn't mean that we can tell anyone." I tell her. "I am not that dumb to tell somebody about it." Valerie says pretending to be insulted. 

Dinner is announced and Paige sets down the pot with food on the table when Valerie walks in. "I am so happy, we do not have to visit that creepy cottage anymore." I nudge her shoulder and she frowns. "Sorry. I am just happy." She whispers. Chester looks up at us and looks confused since Ethan probably didn't tell him yet....