Twenty - six

This school day, went by fast. Lucy, Valerie, Paige, Brooke and I decided to go in to town. We need to get our dresses for Friday night. The night of the prom. The theme turned out to be Midnight in Paris. Heather has a dress that will be shipped to the house since it is a designer dress. She decided to come with because she wanted to help us and Luna already had one apparently. There is only one costume store where we walk into. The woman behind the counter walks towards us. "Hello girls, can I help you with anything." The woman smiles at us. Her kind brown eyes look at us through the set of glasses she is wearing. "We are here to find dresses for the school's dance." Lucy smiles and the woman's eyes light up. "All the way in the back are all the dresses I own. If you need anything, just call." There, all the way in the back, are dresses in all sizes, colours, styles and fabrics. We start looking and fitting the dresses. I try black, blue, big skirt dresses, puffy dresses and short dresses but just don't seem to find something. Valerie has found a blue off the shoulder dress. She tries different hairstyles to see if it goes well with the dress that she will be wearing. I just can't seem to find the right one. My eyes land on a dress that is hung on a rack by itself. It has a light purple color with floral detailing on the material. It is so beautiful. 

* * *

After hours of fitting and at the end purchasing our dresses, we head to the house and hang up the dresses in our room before any of the guys see. Dan walks into our room and smiles at Valerie. He seems sort of nervous as he looks at me and I get his hint for me to leave the room. I walk downstairs. Chester is sitting in the living room. He looks at me and I decide sit down next to him. "I am so sorry." He apologizes to me as I sit down beside him. I look at him in confusion and he passes me the laptop that is on his lap. The screen shows me the online version of the school magazine. 

Chester Harrison (Lights & Dreams band's singer) has broken up with his now ex-girlfriend Amy Flemming. According to Chester, he didn't feel the same as in the beginning of their relationship. 

Chester sighs as he sees my eyes moving to the picture that is placed underneath the article. It is the picture of him and I standing at my locker.  "I honestly do not remember this happening." He confesses. I forgive him and smile. "So who is your date to prom?" He asks me with a cheeky smile on his face. "Don't have one yet." I answer him which makes him smile. "Would you like to go to prom with me?" He asks me and I nod. 

"So you guys are good?" Valerie asks me and I nod. "That is amazing!" She squeals. "Now you can go to prom with Chester and I will go with Dan!" Valerie tells us. I look over at her. "He asked you?" I ask her with a smile. "Yes!"

Valerie are studying in our bedroom when Elijah walks into our room an hour later and slams the door behind him. "You do not think I am that dumb, do you?" Valerie and I both look up from what we are doing. "Well, actually.." Valerie slowly but carefully speaks. Elijah ignores her insult. "This letter. It fell out of the diary that Mr. Rutherford had. He was keeping the diary which you told me was your dads when you lost it, with him during our trip." I look at the letter in his hands. It is the letter that we found in the cottage. "I want answers." He orders as he sits down on my bed. Valerie and I look at each other. 

***

"So that is why we said it was her dad's." Valerie explains it all. "You got to be kidding me." Elijah tells me and I shake my head. "This is not a joke. This is serious!"  I say. The door bursts open and shows us a terrified looking Ethan in the door frame. "Ethan, what is wrong?" I look over at him before walking over to him. "I will tell you later." He motions his hands towards Elijah. "He knows." I silently tell him. "Sure, tell the whole house about it." Ethan exclaims frustrated. "Look, it is not our fault that Kate found the diary and gave it to Mr. Rutherford. He took it to camp and before Elijah gave it back, this letter fell out." I tell him and he looks at Elijah. "Fine." The door opens again and Chester walks in. 

"Reunion over here?" Chester asks when he sees Elijah sitting on my bed. "Please, do not tell me that he knows." Chester asks us. Elijah rolls his eyes at him and sighs. "Can we leave that and let Ethan explain why he looks like he just killed someone or has seen a ghost of the person that he killed because I am scared." Valerie suggest and I agree with her. "This part of the device has all of these symbols on it." He shows us the device up close and we look at the symbols closely. "This is a language that I do not understand." Chester admits. "It is old Latin." He tells us. "I took different pictures of the device. I apparently already made one already a few days ago with my phone." He shows me the phone and I compare the picture with the actual piece in my hand. "These symbols have changed." I notice as I stare at it. "Exactly." Ethan confirms as  I walk over to my bag and get out the Latin book. I search through the index to find the pages that explains all about letters and numbers. 

"It means 3 days." I tell them and Ethan looks over at me.