Twenty - Nine

The dresses that the girls are wearing for tonight's prom. 

* * *

Amy's POV

Elijah is already sitting in the living room as I enter. "Good morning." He says. "Good morning." I greet as I sit down in my seat. The rest of the house is probably still sleeping since it got pretty late last night. All of the caretakers/parents stayed at our house after the pays to catch up with their children. Uncle John and aunt Jennie stayed in a hotel since it is the end of term, they can take me home with them tomorrow. We have a week free before the next term starts.

"Had a good time last night with your aunt and uncle?" Elijah asks me. I nod and smile. "Your play was really beautiful, Elijah." I tell him. "Thanks." He smiles grateful. "I was thinking that my dad would be having a hard time but he seemed to be okay." Elijah says. Somehow the atmosphere between us seems different than before the kiss last night. Ethan, Chester, Mason, Valerie, Paige and Brooke walk inside.

Kate walks inside. "You all did great last night. I am proud of you." She looks around. "Have any of you seen Dan and Luna. They have not come home last night." Ethan explains that they had gone yesterday night. Suddenly, her expression changes to an angry expression and she quickly walks out the room.

Since I was still in my pajamas, I decide to take a shower and change. I take my supplies with me into the bathroom with me.

After my shower, I dry myself off and change into a pair of jeans, a white sweater and brush my hair. I enter my room, were Valerie is painting her nails a silver color. "I hope Dan comes tonight otherwise, I will not have a date for tonight." Valerie says. "He will appear." I tell her to comfort her and she looks at me with a happy expression. "I think." Her smile drops and she continues painting her nails.

My aunt and uncle wanted to take me out for lunch this afternoon so I pack my brown crossbody bag with the things I need. "Don't worry about tonight." I tell her and give her a hug. "Have fun." She says and I walk out the door.

* * *

The lunch was a lot of fun and was really good. They bring me home and I give them a hug. They leave. I walk towards the kitchen to get a bottle of water out of the fridge,. "How was lunch with your family?" Ethan asks me as he enters the kitchen. "I saw them leave." I nod. "It was fun." We talk a little about last night. I feel so tired that everything that Ethan says just fades. "I think I am going to lie down for a few minutes." He smiles. "It was too late yesterday night, right?" He asks. I nod and walk into the hallway to get upstairs.

Valerie and Heather apparently decided to go to the hairdresser for tonight so it gives me some time to have a nap now. I change into a legging and a shirt.

After half an hour, a knock on the door wakes me up. I groan internally and tell the person that he or she can come inside. Chester walks in with a smile. I sit up. "Hey." He says as he sits down next to me on the bed. "Shouldn't you be getting ready for tonight?" He says. "The prom starts at 20:00 and that is in four hours." I say. "It doesn't take me hours to get ready."
His laugh fills the bedroom. "That is what I like about you." A kiss as shared as Ethan walks in. "Am I disturbing something?" He asks looking in a different direction. "No." I tell him and Chester looks at me like I just said the wrong thing. He sits down on Valerie's bed. "I have got a problem." Ethan says with a frown. "What is wrong?" I ask him and he groans. "I asked Luna for prom but have not heard from her ever since and she is not here." Chester looks at him. "You are my roommate and you did not tell me this?" He asks. "Don't worry or get offended. Valerie didn't tell me, that she was going with Daniel either." I tell him. "I guess you just have to wait and see." Ethan nods and stands up. "You two can continue whatever you two were doing earlier." I roll my eyes and then the door closes.

When Chester has left, Valerie comes back. Her hair is curled and looks so pretty. "Your hair is beautiful." She smiles at my compliment and shows off her hair. "I know." Our dresses are hung up on our closets. As Valerie lays the things she needs for tonight, I paint my nails with a nude pink color and use Valerie's nail dryer to let it dry faster since I never have patience to let nail polish dry whenever I do paint my nails.

Valerie, Lucy and I are hanging out in the living room. We talk about tonight: how we will do our hair, makeup and what we hope it will be like. "Paige has been gone since this morning, making preparations for tonight. I am curious to how the school will look like tonight." Brooke tells us. "Knowing Paige it will be very beautiful. All of the council members are very creative." Valerie comments.

Kate announces that dinner is ready and that means that it is almost dinner which means that I will have to get to my chores. I was together with Daniel for this week but since he is not here, I will have to do it myself tonight. I sigh and get up to get the plates, cups and utensils. Elijah walks in on me. "I will help you with that." He tells me. "It is okay. I can manage." I reply. He helps me anyway by taking the plates out of my hands. "Thank you." I tell you. "No problem." He smiles.

* * *

Elijah's POV

After dinner, everybody gets ready. Obviously, it is mostly the girls that are taking a long time. The suit is on and I add a lot of gel into my hair. Mason is talking about how he trained all day and about Lucy. "Excited for prom?" He asks me. "Honestly?" I ask and he nods with a huge smile. "Not really." 

All of the guys that are ready are on the couch, waiting for the girls to finish which will probably take hours. In the meantime, Kate takes pictures of us individually and as a group. We all act like idiots in some pictures but those are the most fun to look back on later.

One by one the girls finally arrive downstairs. Amy takes longer than the others but eventually she walks down the stairs looking more beautiful than ever but sadly she is not my date for tonight.