Nineteen

This morning I wake up with a different feeling. Chester and I are officially going out. He asked me yesterday after my talk with Valerie. According to Paige we had earned enough money for the camp with the bake sale that we held.

When I have stepped into my ballerina's, I braid my hair into a waterfall braid and apply some makeup. "Good morning." I say as I enter the living room and sit down. "Someone is feeling happy this morning." Elijah mentions as I make my breakfast by filling a bowl with cereal and milk. "She is happy and Chester's girlfriend." Heather says when she had took a sip of her tea.

"So you two are together now?" Ethan asks. I nod and smile. "That is very fun for you two. We can go on double dates together." Lucy says with a smile as she takes hold of her boyfriends hand. "Yes maybe." I get up and set my own dishes in the sink. "Where is Chester?" I ask and Ethan looks up from reading the newspaper. "Kate asked to see him in her office before you got downstairs." He tells me.

"Valerie, let's go!" I call her from down the stairs. "I am coming. My hair does not look like that from its self, you know." She runs down the stairs as she puts her books in her bag.

"What would Kate talk with Chester about?" I ask Valerie as we sit down in our seats for class. "Every month she holds a conversation with one of the students to see how it is going with school." Valerie explains.

"Today will be a little harder so please all listen carefully." He explains the whole equation. "Who does not get it?" Hands are raised and he nods. He explains it again and I make notes to remember it. "Brooke. Come here to show me how to solve it." Brooke nervously walks over to the white board in front of the class. She solves the equation as he explains what she is doing. "Does everyone get it?" The whole class nods and he smiles. "Make 21, 21, 23 and 24 in your textbooks." Valerie sighs. "I don't get it." She whispers. I laugh. "I will explain it to you when we get home." Valerie smiles. "What would I do when you weren't here?" She asks, basically copying my homework and changing an calculation or answer so it doesn't look like she has copied my answers.

We walk over to the next class when the bell rings. I say goodbye to Valerie since she follows another language class than I do. I take my seat next to Ethan and he smiles. "If Kate has those things, we have to think of something so we can get them back." He speaks up as I gather my things on my desk. "But how are we going to do that? We can not ask her: Hi Kate, can we maybe get our things back that you stole from us?" He laughs. "No." He thinks.  Mr. Steward explains the topics as I try to concentrate. 

"Try to make the homework about the different sort of literature writing styles." Is what he says as we pack our stuff in to our bags to hold our breaks. Ethan is practicing his guitar solo for Lights & Dreams on a guitar that he saw standing in a dusty corner of the lounge room as we eat. 

I put the books in my locker that I do not need any more for today. "I found some old notes that I made from some years ago on our History project that we are doing. We could use them for it." Ethan suggests as he appears at my locker. I nod. "That is great." I smile at him. "Come on, let's go." Ethan says as the bell announces third our. Drama. "It is on you to crate your very own play." Mr. Carter starts. "The scripts, the story from beginning to the ending will all be on you, characters and if you want to you can even create your own costumes but you will not have a lower grade if someone else does it and you don't." He explains.

 "You are free to come up with the story." He tells us. "One more thing." He looks around the class. "Your other classmates will be playing the characters in your play so you have to instruct them very well on what they will have to do."

Biology is up next and Mrs. Miller explains us everything about clowning people. It sounds a little freaky. According to Mrs. Miller, cloning is forbidden in Holland and some other countries. "Imaging having two versions of Heather." Elijah comments and Heather just rolls her eyes. "It will be amazing having two of me, some more people with a good style and brains." Heather replies. Everybody laughs since she isn't really known as the smartest when it comes to school. Last hour was History, we were discussing the Atlantic sea. 

Biology ended with us making the assignments that were given up to us. As we sit in the lounge, we talk to Heather and Paige. "Do you guys already know a theme?" Heather asks her. "Yes, we do. I guess." Paige answers her and smiles. "Not going to be telling anyone yet since it is a surprise." Heather frowns. 

As half an hour passes, the bell rings and we head to the changing rooms. PE is up next so we all get changed into our PE uniforms. "I have told you all about the basketball tournament that we will be hosting in a few weeks." Mrs. Smith says as she dribbles the ball as she explains. "Until that Basketball event these lessons will be all about Basketball." Two young guys walks in. The girls begin to fix their hair and act all weird as the guys just huff at them. "Oh my gosh. Alan en Evan are here!" Paige whispers. "And who are they?" I ask her. "Alan and Evan are the schools most popular guys. They are in their last year." Paige explains. "Alan was the school's basketball captain but stopped last year because he got an injury in his leg." Paige tells me.

"You will be split in two groups. One will be working on dribbling skills with Alan and the other will be working with Evan on the passing skills."Ethan, Valerie and Chester are not in my group so all Valerie does is make silly faces towards me. "She is weird, hey?" Elijah asks me as he sees her communicating with me. "Yeah, a little." I agree. "In a good way."

We pay attention to the guy explaining us the things we need to know. Lucy and Heather are acting all flirty towards Evan definitely earning a groan from Mason. When Alan helps me dribble the ball and shows me how to work the right technique, Chester looks over at the guy behind me. His eyes hold a slight tint of jealousy, I think it is a little cute but Alan is so much older than me and Paige just told me he has a girlfriend. 

"Keep that up guys. You will definitely win the tournament." Alan smiles and wishes us good luck. "Good job, everybody. You have worked really well." Mrs. Smith tells us with a smile on her face. "Thank you, guys for helping." She tells the guys and we head out of the gym.

We get changed back in to our uniform and head towards the next class. "Good afternoon class." Mrs. Rutherford tells us as he starts up the computer. "You will be watching a video about an experiment and will be answering questions about it later on." He tells us as he turns the projector on. He lets Paige hands out the papers with the questions and he starts the video. The video was 10 minutes and we got 15 minutes to answer the questions about it. 

"I will see you all Monday morning. Be there on time and bring a good mood!" Mr. Rutherford tells us all. We head out the classroom and walk towards our lockers. I take out the books that I will need to make my homework with. Chester kisses my cheek and smiles. "Got everything?" He asks me and we make our way to the exit. 

"Hello everybody, how was school?" Kate asks me and she smiles at us as we all enter the house. "Good." Some of us answer as Valerie and I head up the stairs. I explain the Economy homework and we make the homework together. Ethan and Chester walk in. "We just heard Kate calling somebody about ruining the objects." He tells us. "We have to take it back. Tonight!" Valerie insists. "We can't." Chester says referring to himself and I. "He is right. If we get caught doing something again, we might be grounded again." Valerie nods. "Then we will have to go." Ethan tells her and she nods.