Twenty-three

This morning started so good. I slept in until 10:30. Mason had already went for his run and is sitting in the living room with Valerie, Elijah, Ethan, Paige and Brooke. Apparently, Chester was still sleeping and Heather was in the shower. Lucy had a day with her parents so was going to be gone for the whole day.

After having a long breakfast, I get ready for the day. I decide to put my glasses on and keep them on for the entire day. My outfit is chosen. I put on the white blouse, black sweater over it and put on my leggings along with my grey boots. My hair is brushed and put back in a half-up do. I rush down the stairs and look at Chester, who is clearly tired and woken up by the bell. "Good morning." I say smiling at him.

When Chester, Ethan, Valerie and I meet up in the library. In the secret room to be exact since we do not want anybody to hear us. "This will be safe here." Ethan says as we place the diary between the other books in the book case. "I hope so." Valerie says when the doorbell rings. "Are there parents coming over today? I am not dressed in my uniform." She panics and I look at her. "If parents would be coming over, it would have been announced this morning." I tell her and she nods. "The camp was so much fun!" She says with a smile on her happy face. "Yes, it was." I tell her. "We did need to be careful when Elijah got the diary back." I tell them and they nod. "He did not look in it. I am sure of that." I tell them and they all look at me like I have grown two heads. "What? If he would have, don't you think that he would have questioned us about the fact that why Gerald Hemmingway, his wife and his kids names would be mentioned in like every page of the book." I point out. "He read my diary when I still trusted to write in it and read how I was in love with in when I moved in to this place." Valerie says as she turns red as a tomato. Chester and Ethan look over at her. "Don't act like you do not know this already, he told Mason about it and he published it in the school newspaper." Valerie turns more red thinking about that time. That is pretty awkward.

"Valerie, Ethan, Chester and Amy." Kate says through the door of the library. "Could you come out?" She asks us. The thick walls luckily, tone down the screeching sound that the book case makes as it moves back in its place when we have exited the room. This we noticed because nobody looked weird at us, plus they were all looking at the two people that are standing in the hallway. "Chester, Valerie, Ethan and Amy. Meet your new house mates." Kate smiles at the two and then looks back at us. New house mates. We did not get told about this. Nobody knew about my entry so it makes a little sense I guess. The girl looks oddly familiar and it hits me when she introduces herself. "Hi, my name is Luna Zimmerman and this is Daniel. My brother." She smiles kindly at us. "We met in the corridor at school, didn't we?" Ethan asks her and she smiles remembering it. "Oh, yes. I remember that we did." Luna smiles. "Hi, my name is Valerie." Valerie says as she smiles at them. "Hello. My name is Chester and this is Amy. My girlfriend." Chester tells them quickly. "It is very nice to meet you both." I say. "I'm Ethan." Ethan introduces himself.

It is lunch time and since we have had a big breakfast not everybody is there, the only ones really eating are Mason, Daniel, Luna, Heather, Lucy, Elijah and me. "So we weren't really expecting new house mates." Heather tells them and looks at her perfectly painted red finger nails. "Especially not American." Heather adds. "Will you be sleeping with us or will you have the other rooms that are empty?" Lucy asks them. "They will have a room for them alone." Kate says walking into the dining area. "I have arranged them this morning." 

After lunch, Brooke gives them a tour of the house. Valerie follows them with her eyes as they walk out of the living room. "Did not expect that those to would be coming." Valerie mutters. "Not at all." Chester says as he looks at me. 

We did not have any homework. We would not have had time to make it anyway but we have an assay about the project that Ethan and I are working on together. We both needed to write an assay about it and give it to him individually. I enter the library and sit down behind one of the computers. As I am logging in on the computer with my school account, I see an email in my inbox. The parent day got replaced to another day.

Dear Amy,

We were sorry to hear about the parent day being replaced to another day. I was looking forward to see you and see how you are doing at the school. I hope you have made lovely friends there and the school suits your interests. With it being the end of terms in a few weeks, we would love to take you to London with us.

I miss you a lot and will see you again soon.

Love,

Uncle John.

I reply back to him and then open up the essay document for me to finish. Chester walks into the library when I am half way through my work. "I thought you would be here." He smiles as he sits down in the chair next to mine. "I have a question for you." I wait for him to continue. "I am heading over to my grandpa and was wondering if you would like to come with?" He waits for a moment when I nod. "I would love to." I say smiling at him. "When do you want to go?" I ask him and he smiles. "Now." I stand up and follow him to the hall.

Luna's POV

Kate is showing us around the house more detailed than the quick tour that Brooke gave us and I must admit it is pretty big. I have a feeling that it has a lot of hidden places. "This is the room where Amy and Valerie sleep." Kate tells us passing it quickly before showing me my bedroom. Daniel and I are left to unpack our things before I walk back downstairs. Amy and Chester walk out towards the front door after Chester logging out in the book.

I enter the library to see that Amy left the computer on that was still opened on her essay. "Sis. What do you think you're doing?" Daniel asks me when he has walked inside as I sit down behind the computer to do what I have to do. "It might not be the best thing to do but it needs to be done. Dan." I answer him. "Do you really have to do this?" He asks. "Dan, we both know what we will deserve by doing the things we need to do." I say with a smile. I click on the delete button in the screen. "Oops." Daniel sighs at my actions but doesn't say a thing. "Daniel and Luna, will you come into the living room please?" Kate asks us. I remember that she would tell us about the house rules.I leave the computer like nothing had changed. Only that now the screen is showing the home screen instead of the Word document.

"Looks like she will have to start over again." I whisper. 

Elijah's POV

Little did Luna know that I was standing behind the book cases when she was in the library. Such a stupid thing of her to do. Amy started to panic when she couldn't find the missing essay. Ethan found it in the recycle bin of the computer since they did not clear that. I feel pretty bad for Amy since it sucked to see her stressing over something where she had put a lot of effort into. I know how much she does for her school work.

Even though I did feel bad for her. I am not going to tell her that it was Luna. Luna and Daniel just arrived so telling Amy about it might make her feelings about them different. I do not know the reason for her deed but the most important thing is that she did get to finish the essay anyway.

Luna is sitting in the living room reading some sort of magazine that tells you how to make a guy fall in love with you. It is probably a magazine that Heather left there since I can't picture Luna following the steps that are described.

"Interesting?" I ask her making her head turn to me. "Not really. I don't think that pretending to fall so a guy catches you will actually make him like you." She rolls her eyes and puts the magazine away on the table in front of her before turning her head back to me. "There is something I want to ask?"

"What do you want?" She asks me. "Well, I kind of made a bet with Mason that he thinks that I would never kiss a girl I do not know yet." She laughs. "You do seem like a guy that would only kiss girls that he doesn't know but okay. What do I have to do with it?" Luna asks me. I put on a what girls-find-kind-of-cute face. "Seriously?" She asks me getting my hint. "What? You are basically the only girl I do not know out of this house." I comment. Luna shakes her head. "Technically, Amy is still new." I say thinking to myself.

"She has a boyfriend remember." She sighs. "What do I get in return?" She asks me, her face is serious. "The essay removal was pretty mean." I tell her and she turns pale. "Please, don't tell her." I smile and she gets what I am aiming for. "Fine." She mutters.

I shake her hand and thank her.