Nine

Our room is so colorful now but my side is still a bit calmer than Valerie's side. The buttons of my blouse are closed and the skirt is slid on. My feet step into the black ballet flats. Mascara is applied to my eyelashes and a bit of lip gloss is applied to my lips. Valerie is dressed up as well and we head downstairs to have breakfast. "Good morning." I say as I walk into the living room. Lucy and Paige greet us back before getting on with their conversation.

"You should not work yourself up like that." Lucy tells Mason strictly as they walk inside the room. "You will be exhausted if you do that every morning, it is bad for your health and eventually you will be so worked up that you will become addicted." She tells him. He just had his morning run and must have walked into Lucy when he was done with getting ready. "I do it every day, Lucy." He tells her with a wink. "Where do you think I got these muscles from?" He asks her as he shows them lifting up the sleeves of his blouse. Valerie rolls her eyes.

"Look, can you do that somewhere else, I just want to eat and do not want to throw up because of your self-confidence." Valerie tells him as he laughs. "The dream looked very real. I am serious." Brooke tries to convince Heather. "Do you remember Trevor McCartney?" Heather turns to her friend. "Yes, why?" Brooke asks not getting the point of her question. "You dreamed about him fancying you and when you finally wanted to ask him out, you found out that he had a girlfriend and you felt very uncomfortable afterwards." Heather tells her. "Yes okay but you can not compare that with a play we have to perform in drama class which you totally mess up." Brooke sits down. "It will be fine, trust me." Heather smiles and Brooke sighs.

We have two hours of drama class and the left over performances are done in the first hour. "Singing." Mr. Carter says introducing the next topic for the following weeks. "Favourite song?" He asks pointing at Valerie. "Believe by Cher." She answers. "Ethan?" Mr. Carter looks at him. "Brett Eldredge, Wanna Be That Song." Ethan replies and Mr. Carter smiles agreeing to his choice. "Brooke?" She doesn't even need to think. "Somewhere over the rainbow." Everyone rolls their eyes. 

"Your chance to shine again." Mr. Carter says and smiles. "Your chance to sing a duet or a song by yourself." He says. "There are no rules for this assignment but keep it appropriate." He says looking at us. The song is hard to choose for this assignment to be honest. Singing is something I like to do but not that I am good at it. Valerie walks over to me with a list of our favourite songs and we try to decide. 

We chose the song Be Okay by Oh Honey. The bell rings and break is announced. "I will get to you later." I tell Valerie and head over to my locker. As I get some books out for the next classes to come, I hear an amazingly well played song on the piano and walk over to wear the sound is coming from. The door is open when I step inside the room, leaning against the wall. Ethan is behind the piano very into the song that is on his sheets. 

Before I realize the books in my arms fall down on the floor which makes a loud sound that Ethan hears straight away. He looks like he just got busted and gives me an angry look. "I am so sorry." I say. "How long were you standing there?" He looks very irritated. "Not that long." I answer honestly and he nods packing up the notebook in to his backpack with aggression. "It was really beautiful. You are very talented." I complement him and his angry expression fades into a small smile. "Thank you, Amy." He says.

"Please all sign." Paige says as she walks in with a clipboard and a piece of paper. "What is that?" Elijah asks. "A petition." Chester and Ethan laugh at her as she looks very serious. "For what exactly?" I ask her and she smiles at the fact that at least one person is interested. "Mr. Rutherford's idea to change this room into a classroom." She just ignores the others and hands me the clipboard. She also gives me a pink fluffy pen so I can write my name. The pen lights up as I write my name on the lined paper before I hand it back to her.