Eight

Today is Sunday which means that the weekend is almost over. This morning was mostly spend by cleaning up the so called 'mess' that we had made yesterday night. Mason had a few confetti canons and used them all up. I get the broom to clear it up when Ethan appears next to me. "You will never believe what I found out this morning." He tells me as I stay sweeping all of the confetti to one place. "Come to my bedroom in a few minutes and I will show you." He tells me and I nod.

When everything is cleaned up which took longer than we had planned in the first place. "I am here. What did you want to show me?" I ask him as I walk into his room which he shares with Chester. I had not been in this room yet. It is really clean for a boys bedroom a side from the fact that there are clothes on the chairs behind the desks. His side has band posters on the walls and a lot of books. Chester's side is a little more calm. I take a seat on an empty chair next to his bed. "Look at this page." He says and I read it. It is the marked page. "All I read is how his wife and him decided to get kids and how they chose which rooms would be come nurseries." I say simply and he laughs. "Read the first letter in the beginning of every sentence." He says referring back to the page. "Hemming Forest, 42." I read and he nods. "Yes." Ethan smiles. He explains that a few pages later, he read that Gerald Hemmingway had a small house in the middle of the woods. and tells me that is where he had spent most of his time. "This is the location." He states. Chester walks in and looks at me. "Get your coat." Ethan says. "We are going for a walk." I say and he nods. "We do need to check out." I say pointing to the book in the hall when are coats are on. "What will we say?" Ethan asks and Chester starts writing.

"What did you write?" I ask him later when we walk out of the school grounds. "We are visiting the old people's home." Chester answers. I look at him with a confused look. "Ethan and I visit the place sometimes since my grandpa is staying there." He explains. "This is the cemetery." Ethan shows me. The cemetery has to big black gates to enter the place. In the middle where the doors open, their is a big lock with what looks like a family crest made on to it and the place looks massive.

"Okay. Wait." I say. "We have been walking in this forest for twenty minutes now and have not seen anything that looks like a house." Chester and Ethan stop walking. "I do not assume that he would build this thing in the beginning of the woods where everybody can see it." I say. "She is right." Ethan says and looks at Chester. "Hey, I am not planning on walking though this whole entire forest. I still have a muscle ache from the warming up Mrs. Smith gave us in PE." Chester complains. My eyes scan around the area and I spot a small pole, covered by moss and bushes. I walk over to it and spot the same family crest that was in the entrance of the cemetery so I ask Ethan to give me the journal. "Maybe we do not have to walk through this whole entire forest..." I say and begin walking 42 steps from the pole.

A small cottage comes into our eye sight. "Since the cottage is right here." I say and Ethan laughs. "You are a smart one, Amy." Chester comments. I smile. "It looks creepy and haunted." Chester says looking around the area. "Let's get inside." It takes a while to open this door since it is rusted and full of dirt. "This does actually kind of feel like breaking in." I say and the guys look at me. "This is the 1800's we are talking about. This guy would not have thought about having alarms placed in this house." Chester tells me. I roll my eyes. "This door seems impossible to open." Ethan says and I help him. "Sadly, this door does not have a bookcase with a magical book to open the door." I say. "Stay back." Ethan tells me as he takes a small sprint to walk against the door. To my amazement the door actually opens up. "We are in." He smiles.

The place does have a lot of oil lights placed in the cottage but also has small lights hanging down from the walls. Ethan claims that the newer lights might have been placed by someone after his death since the use of electricity was not in use in that time. We take the time to explore the place since it looks pretty interesting. "I believe he did really like to paint." I say looking at the paintings that are placed out over his desk." Some of them are very colorful and cheery but others look very depressing and dark.

"Okay, for the safety. Do not press any buttons or any other things that look odd. We do not know what this man was capable of." Ethan warns us. I enter the living room and feel a very odd feeling in this area of the house. My hand reaches out to a black and white picture of two small girls holding each other's hand tightly while smiling brightly into the camera. I smile and put it back in its place. A screeching noise is heard and I turn into the direction. "Guys look. There is a second floor." Chester tells us with a excited expression in his eyes when we reach him to find another corridor which has a staircase build in the middle. "Are we?" I ask. "Going to go up?" Chester asks finishing my question. "Yeah, we are." He says. "We need to find out what this man was up to." I nod and we head up the stairs.

We are walking through a big corridor which has a lot of doors. We look around and enter the first one which reveals an office. The next two door reveals a bedroom with a bunk bed, small desk and a big wooden dollhouse. The dollhouse looks like one which you would ask your parents for each Christmas. It is not in the best condition which proves how much the girls have played with it.

Chester is in the other bedroom and asks us to come over. "This was on the floor." He says and shows us a letter that he found.

Dear Reader,

I hope you use this information wisely and do keep this to yourself. In 1820 the leader of our society has predicted the future. In 197 years from now, the world needs to be saved from bad people. These people are called the Maluvays. They will try to get everybody to turn against each other. They will turn the world evil and cold. It will be your task to stop that. Please do not underestimate the Maluvays. They are powerful and dangerous so always be careful with who you give information to and trust in this mission.

Sadly, my time has come and I can not help you with this. Now it is your turn to save the world from these evil people. Good luck!

Kind Regards,

Gerald Hemmingway

Ethan stops reading and sighs. He folds up the letter and looks at us. Chester looks kind of scared. I have to be honest that I am too but quickly brush it off. We walk out of the room and back downstairs into the small corridor. There is a very dark door all the way in the back of the room on the left side from the stairs. We open the door and see a large ladder going down. The ladder is pretty unstable so Chester goes down already and holds the ladder still as Ethan and I climb down. We look around and the only light is the small streak of light coming through the windows in the corridor. "I see nothing in this room to be honest." I say as the heel of my boot hits the wooden floor. Ethan looks at me and then at the floor. He stamps on the floor a few times. "Hollow." He says and I move from where I am standing. Chester and Ethan remove the long pallets from the floor and a big compartment is revealed. I grab the box from the compartment and then we put back the pallets in their place.

"We need to get back here soon." Ethan says as we walk through the doors of the corridor. "Well, I do not know about that." I say and Chester looks at me. "Are you scared?" He asks me laughing at his own silly comment. "No but how do I know that this is not some prank?" I ask. "For all I know this can be some sort of initiation. I will go in here and get locked up for two nights to prove that I want to be part of the group." I state and they look at me with wide eyes. "I do not know how schools in London are with those sort of things but we just say hello and get to know each other to be part of the group." Chester tells me with a serious look on his face. "You can really trust us, Amy." Ethan says and smiles.

* * *

We checked back in and decided that the box will be hidden in Ethan's bedroom so he can see what is inside. "Since we have bought some stuff for our room, we can use this time for decorating and making our room look cute." Valerie suggests and smiles. "Yes that sounds good." I say. Normally, Kate does the cleaning but now we are doing it since it is not cleaning day. We talk a lot as we decorate and clean our room.