Twenty-Seven

Dear Naruto,

I never got to find out what it was that you had to say, or give to me...

We met by the trees like you said we should and we were alone... or at least we thought we were.

You seemed kind of nervous and you even started to blush. You told me you had something important for me and I should know about it since we are dating now.

I didn't know what to expect and I didn't have the slightest idea of what you could have meant.

There were small cracking noises of branches but we didn't pay mind to it too much since we were surrounded by trees, even though we should have.

You reached into your schoolbag and you started to pull out papers until a twig snapped and three people fell over.

Ino, Sasuke and Shikamaru.

The important thing you had for me was long gone once our friends started to appear from behind the trees.

We discovered that the whole gang had been spying on us and were trying to get a peek on what was happening.

None of them cared to give an explanation and seemed mad at each other for being caught.

You stuffed the papers back into your bag and started to question all of them.

Of course, they all took a run for it, not wanting to face us after being caught.

Our friends are so nosy sometimes...

Now I'm stuck here wondering what you had for me.

Lost in thought, Hinata