3

Yatta's POV

Since I decided to listen to Mamé and drop 'Muscle' I've been getting so much love in the Bay, especially in my hometown. Along with the love, I've been getting hate too, mostly from suckas and opp niggas, ain't no biggie.

Nobody really makes it out from here, the whole Bay Area in general. It's a couple of Og's that got a little money, but it ain't shit compared to other rap niggas. I guess the music industry just don't fuck with this side.

It's been about 2 months since then and I just released another song called 'Fuck Being Humble' with Drakeo. A rs pper from LA that I met through Mamé and that one song has gotten me a little known out there too. Right now, I see big things coming my way and I damn sure ain't gonna stop grinding or do something that's gon fuck it up for me.

All thanks to my baby though, If she had never persuaded me into dropping it, I wouldn't be where I am now. For some reason I just kept doubting myself, and I didn't want to look like every other nigga that was begging for people to listen to my shit. I was surviving by slanging, but I know that I can't sell drugs forever.

I'm not famous or anything yet, but I'm making small money from what I have done. I'm even thinking of buying an apartment in Oakland with the drug money I've been making. The apartment ain't all that, but it's definitely an upgrade from what I came from. Oakland isn't the best city either, but it's the closest to my family but still keeping me out of trouble in my own city.

"Uncle, can we get something to eat?" My niece Gianna asked me.

"Yeah baby, what you want?" I looked back at her.

"Chick-fil-a!" She squealed as she sat in her seat.

"Ight, whatever you want." I drove off in my mother's car. Basically my own since she's never around.

My ma has been sprung on drugs for a long time now and only comes around when she needs money from me or a place to stay. There was one point in time where she was getting high off the supplies I was using to make money. My pops on the other hand is a good dude and all, but he's always getting caught up in shit that leads him right back to prison.

It's been this way since I was a younging, and still continues. But no matter what, he's always been there for me and my brother, even though he wasn't his son. He came through when we really needed him and I thank him for that. He ain't never really want me in the streets like him, but it was the only way for me and my brother to make fast money to take care of ourselves, when our mother couldn't.