46

Yatta's POV

I struggled to open my eyes to the bright ass lights that were in the room. After blinking a couple times, I held them open as I looked up at the ceiling. With my energy at its lowest, I tried to move my head up. As soon as I did that, all parts of my body were in pain. My neck was aching and I felt like my head was spinning a little. What really hurt the most was my lower back. I felt like I had weights in my mouth, holding me down from saying anything. As soon as my ears stopped ringing, I heard slight sniffles coming from the left side of me.

I wanted to know who it was, but I really couldn't open my mouth. I made groaning noises, or whatever type of noises that could come out of my mouth so the person could hear me. With my teeth aching and my throat dry as hell, I continued to mumble stuff out of pain until Mamé stood over me.

"Kenyana, what the fuck happened?!" She was too loud for my liking.

I mumbled some more shit, trying to explain to her. The right side of my mouth hurt like a bitch. It all came out as jibberish, so I just gave up and stared up at her. Her hair was slicked back into a bun and she had a hoodie on. Her eyes were wide and red with bags under them, like she had been crying for hours.

"Lemme go call a doctor in here."

As if on que, my doctor walked in to my assistance. She adjusted my bed for me, and explained to me what was going on with me.

I so was taken back when she said I was shot 12 times. To be honest, I don't remember that many bullets being pierced into my skin. I didn't feel anything at all when it happened, but I guess that's because I was off so many drugs, including alcohol.

"You see, after an injury, if you're intoxicated there seems to be a pretty substantial effect." The doctor spoke. "This is odd to say, but you being under the influence actually saved your life. Otherwise, you would've panicked to death from being hit that many times."

My brows shot up, hurting my head even more. I looked down at myself to see that my legs were in big ass casts. I kind of wish I still couldn't feel the pain, because everything on the lower part of body was killing me.

"Oh my God." Mamé shook her head.

"Also, we had to wire the right side of your jaw shut, since it dislocated and cracked. You have 3 missing teeth in the back. We'll have to get you to an oral surgeon to replace them."

My dumb ass tried to open my mouth, causing a lot of pain from the tenderness. I quickly held onto the side of my mouth where I was feeling the pain.

"You okay?" Mamé asked and I looked up at her, wishing I could speak.

"Here, I'll need to get you on some more medication and water." She spoke.

As she did what she needed to do, I thought of how long it would probably take for my jaw to heal. I was thinking maybe two months, which I could deal with. I'm just glad there isn't any extreme shit, because I got money to make with this rap shit.

"Now, I need to inform you about the not so good news." She cleared her throat.

Mamé look down at me and I looked up at her, before turning towards the doctor.

"He's gonna be fine, right? No internal bleeding or anything crazy like that?" Mamé asked.

"No, nothing like that. It's just..." She sighed. "Your legs were beat up pretty bad by my those bullets."

I struggled to ask what she meant, but quickly shut up because my mouth was killing me.

"Don't talk, before you hurt yourself some more." Mamé warned me. "What do you mean, doc?"