26

Yatta's POV

"You good?" I spoke to Mamé as I sat on the bed with her. I scrolled through my phone and replied to the texts I got from Tutu and Sheik about going to the Stu tonight.

Me and them lil niggas got hella close in the couple months we've known each other. We've been working on a lot of hot shit together, and I'm too hyphy to get all this shit out. They young as hell, but got hella heart and potential to really put their city out there.

"Yeah" She nodded and continued to type on her laptop.

"You been stuck on that damn laptop all day." I shook my head at her.

She laughed. "I'm sorry, I'm just tryna get this work out the way."

I continued to stare at her and she eyed me. "The fuck you want?"

I chuckled. "You really be thinking you scaring somebody."

She closed her laptop and placed it on her dresser. "We finna fight, you always tryna mark me out."

I looked her up and down. "I'm not tryna hurt you, shorty."

"You a buster." She waved me off and I snatched her up before gently slamming her on the bed.

"A buster?" I asked as I looked down at her.

"You heard me, fool." Her lil ass mugged me.

"Bet." I spoke as I looked down at her. This question has been on my mind for too long now, and it was finally time to ask her.

I took a deep breath before speaking up. "You pregnant?"

She scrunched up her face before pushing me off her. "What the fuck is wrong with you, asking me that stupid shit." She mugged me.

I smacked my lips. "It was just a question."

"Well then, no." She walked into the bathroom and I followed her. "Do I look fat?"

I chuckled. "Nah mayne. It's ju-"

"Im not pregnant." She rolled her eyes.

"Mamé-"

"I'm not!" She spoke before she broke down crying.

I raised a brow as I looked at her. "The fuck wrong wit you?"

She shook her head as she covered her face. I pulled her into me and she wrapped her arms around my torso. "Stop allat." I spoke.

She shook her head before pushing me off her again, and walking back into the room.

"Baby, talk to me! What's wrong wit you?" I asked as a I followed her.

"Nothing!" She wiped the rest of her tears before looking up at me as I stared down at her. "What?" She asked.

"You love me, right?" I looked at her, not breaking eye contact.

She nodded. "Of course I do."

I nodded. "Well, I love you too. And I got you a lil sum." I spoke as I walked up to the dresser. I opened it to take out the promise ring I got her, basically my pre-engagement ring to her. I took the paper out of the drawer that was on top of the ring box, before flipping it to the other side.

My face scrunched up as I read it word by word. Talking all this shit about the effects after having a miscarriage.

"What you lookin at?" Mamé asked as she stood up.

"You were pregnant?" I looked up at her.

I could tell her whole facial expression changed. "I-I was meaning to tell yo-"