12

Mamé's POV

"You think I did something wrong?" I asked Jas as we sat on the couch watching TV.

Yatta wasn't answering my phone calls or texts all day. I've been so worried, especially knowing where he was yesterday.

"Doubt it, maybe he's just busy." Jas spoke.

"What would he be doing?" I spoke out loud as I looked at the messages I sent him. I get it if he's busy, but he could atleast tell me so I wouldn't be left guessing. Unless it was something that just came up, I really don't know right now.

I tried to take my mind off the bad and continued to watch TV, but I couldn't take it anymore and decided to text Milli.

Mamé: Hey Milli, you talk to Yatta today?
(4:18pm)

Milli: Been blowing up that nigga line all day. Why wassup??? (4:21pm)

Milli: You good? (4:21pm)

Mamé: He was supposed to pick me up after work. He's not replying to any of my calls or texts....i'm good tho. (4:23pm)

Milli: When the last time y'all talk???? (4:26pm)

Mamé: Last night, he wanted me to call him when I got home. He was supposed to be doing a drop... (4:27pm)

Milli: He say who for?? (4:28pm)

Mamé: No 😩😩 (4:28pm)

Milli: Ight don't worry, me & gang gon be onna look out. He straight I know it. Yatta always got his head on. (4:30pm)

Mamé: Alright, thank you. I appreciate it. (4:31pm)

Milli: Don't worry bout it sis (4:33pm)

I sighed and I tossed my phone to the side of me. "Milli hasn't talked to him either."

"Okay...now I'm starting to get worried." Jas sat up on the couch.

"Jas I don't know what to do! His friends ain't talk to him either. That's how I know something is really up."

"Okay, we just got to relax. I know Yatta wouldn't get caught lackin. I just know he's good. Maybe his phone died and he's just not home? I don't know!" Jas sighed as she turned off the TV.

We sat there for a while in complete silence until my phone started ringing. I answered the unknown number quickly.

"Collect Call from the San Francisco County Jail." My mouth dropped open.

"Press 1 to accept this call and press 2-" I quickly clicked on 1.

It took a moment to connect and once it finally did, I was silent.

"Mamé...." Yatta spoke on the other line.

I scoffed. "Are you serious? What the hell did you do?!" I was damn near yelling at him through the phone.

"It's a long story to explain. They wouldn't let me get the phone sooner..."

"Yatta" I sighed. "You alright? Baby you told me you weren't gonna do anything stupid."