21

Yatta's POV

"Mayne, what the fuck." I sighed because Mamé didn't call me. I know her goofy ass didn't just go home and fall asleep. Unless she forgot like she always does, I swear she really has short term memory.

I decided to just call her instead since it's been about 30 minutes. I don't know if there's traffic or something and she's still driving, but I don't wanna sleep unless I know she's good.

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone once someone answered.

"Hello?!" Some dude answered and I scrunched up my face.

"Brah, who the fuck is this?" I asked damn near jumping out of bed. On God, Mamé better not be doing anything she not supposed to.

"Michael Crawford! Are you Mamé's boyfriend?" He spoke.

"Yeah. Why you on her line?? She good??" I got out my bed.

"She just got into a car accident." He spoke.

"Swear?!! Don't play with me?!" I started trippin. "Where?!!"

"On 35th and Mac-"

"Okay okay, thank you I'm on my way!" I hurried to slip on my slides before grabbing my keys, heading out the door.
_______________________________

On Cork I didn't know what to think right now. My baby man, I don't know what Ima see or none of that. I had to stop at a red light and I was on the verge of running it. I knew that wasn't a smart decision so I had to find the little patience in me to keep me from doing so.

So many thoughts went through my mind as I arrived. I've never got out a car so quick until now. There were so many police officers, the ambulance were here and hella people surrounded the scene.

I pushed my way through everyone and made my way to the entrance of the ambulance truck. "Mamé! Mamé! You good?" I rushed over to her.

"Sir, can you-"

"Nah, watch out! This my girl!" I snatched my arm away from dude without taking my eyes off her.

She was laid out on the stretcher with bloody cuts and shit while blood covered her mouth. I felt my hands start shaking and soon, my whole body was. I took a look over at her car and tried to keep my composure. That shit was basically scrunched up like a soda can and upside down.

I put my hand over my head and took deep breaths as I looked over at Mamé again. She was crying her eyes out and I tried to wipe her tears away.

"Mamé, please. You gon be good, I promise." I was tryna keep her sane while I was going crazy myself.

I had to get her shit out the glove compartment, but it took everything in me to not punch the shit out of the brick wall. I was so damn angry that this shit happened to her. As I walked back, damn near everyone was watching me and I'm sure everyone could see the pain in my eyes as I looked over at her.

They hurried and put the stretcher she was on into the ambulance and let me ride in the front. I kept looking back though, making sure she was good. I really wanted to be back there with her holding her and hand shit, but both of them were covered in blood. "I swear I'm not leaving you." I kept talking to her so that she knows that ima be right by her side the whole time.

"Hello?" KE answered the phone half asleep.

"KE man! You and Tiggz. Can y'all come meet me at the hospital and pick up my car off 35th and Mac?"

"You good bro?!" He asked.

"I'm straight, Mamé got into an accident." I shook my head.

"What? Mayne we on our way! Kaiser right?"

"Yeah, blood." I looked back at Mamé.

"Fashoo, we on our way."

"Preciate it." I spoke before hanging up.

We reached the hospital and they wasted no time taking her out of the truck and into the hospital. I was right on their tail until they told me I had to wait in the waiting room and sign in. I really didn't want to, but I cooperated.

"How long you think I gotta wait?" I asked the lady at the front.

"About 30 minutes." She spoke and I nodded before going back to take my seat.

20 minutes passed and KE and Tiggz showed up.

"You good bro?" KE spoke to me as he dapped me up.

I nodded even though I wasn't good. I handed him my keys and they went back to get my car.

I went back up to the front and asked the lady again and she gave me the same response. I nodded again and went to take my seat.

"Shit." I put my hands over my head.

KE and Tiggz came back in after a while and handed me my keys. "She gon be good bro, I know it."

After 30 more minutes passed, I stood up and went up to the front again. The bitch kept telling me the same shit and I really wanted to go off. But, I know they're just doing their job and it's gonna take a while so I calmed myself down.

After another hour, I was finally able to go back and see her. Once the three of us walked in I swear I wanted to cry just looking at her.

She had all them shits hooked up to her with a neck brace. Around her mouth was still kinda bloody and cut up since her lip got messed up but they bandaged it. Her hand was cut up a lil since she had on a watch that broke and the glass went into her hand. They bandaged that up too.

"How you feeling baby?" I asked as I sat in the chair by her side.

"Everything hurts." She managed to get out before crying. I looked down at her before swallowing the lump I had in my throat. Seeing shorty cry hurt me too.

"I'm sorry." I didn't know what else to say. I felt like I could've prevented this shit from happening to her if I made her stay with me.

I wiped the tears off her face then kissed her cheek.

"You gon be good, sis." Tiggz spoke.

She took a deep breath before speaking. "You guys are so ugly." She started to cry again.

I scrunched up my face and looked at KE.

"She off them drugs." KE spoke and started laughing. I shook my head and chuckled.

"Stop crying, foo." I spoke as I looked down at her.

Almost immediately she stopped crying and looked up at me. "Tell them I need more crack, everything hurts."

I shook my head but got a nurse to come in anyway. She spoke as the nurse did what ever the hell she was doing and they all laughed at her goofy as as I shook my head. I'm glad my shorty good.
_______________________________