49

Yatta's POV

"Hey, baby." Mamé gave me a kiss before walking over to her side of the bed.

"Wassup, I missed you." My mouth hurt like hell as I waited for my medicine to kick in. After getting tired of the wires and taking them out myself, I now have swollen gums and got my missing teeth replaced with 3 golds.

I've been home for a week now and even though it has been pretty chill, I'm too juiced to be home. I was getting tired of sitting in that boring ass hospital while my family was out here. Those small visits were the highlight of my time down there, but I'm glad to be back for good.

"I missed you too." She smiled. "What'd y'all do today?"

Since Mamé has to go to work of course, my aunty has been over here keeping me company and helping me out while she's gone. Especially with Kj, because I can't do most of the things that he wants to do. I'm still in a wheel chair, day by day trying to get better, but I'm tired of this shit. I try and force myself to walk by just falling out of my wheel chair and start by crawling again, but Mamé and my aunty are always getting mad at me for it. They keep telling me that I need to be patient, but I've been patient for damn near 4 months now. I just want to be 100 percent again.

"The same ole shit we do everyday." I responded as I changed the channel.

She sighed. "It's gonna take some time before you're completely healed."

"And that's what the fuck pisses me off, blood. I'm tired of this wheelchair shit, I just wanna move my damn legs again."

"I'm sorry, but all I can say is that it's going to take time. You just gotta be patient."

"I been patient enough, time just passing me by. I ain't made no type of progress in those four months. I just been in and outta hospitals, the littlest shit be hurting me. I lay a different way than on my stomach or back, got back problems. I open my mouth too wide when I yawn, my jaw locks. A whole side of my mouth swells up here and there. I ain't been able to get into the stu because of that shit, too. Blood, I can't even play around with my son when we go to the park! This shit just gets so frustrating." I shook my head.

Mamé was lost for words as I continued to shake my head.

"This what the fuck I get, though. I put myself in this position when I was fuckin wit the wrong dudes, and the wrong bitch." I turned to her. "Ion think I ever apologized for that, but I'm sorry."

I watched as her eyes began to water, and sighed.

"I'm not tryna go off on you or nun, but that's how I'm feeling. I feel like I won't be able to provide for you and my son, like I'm just sitting on my ass letting niggas take care of me and shit."

"But that's not even the case." She spoke.

"I know, but that's just how I feel. You know how I grew up, I ain't never had shit handed to me. Now that people providing for me and I can't do the same for them, it makes me mad." I replied.

"Don't think like that, because you've been working your ass off all these years to provide for all of us. Way before we met, it was you and your brother making a way for your family. After he passed, you did everything in your power to make sure each and every one of y'all was eating. The same is going on now that you're rapping, you're still taking care of your people. Just think of it as us paying you back, but we owe you so much more."

"Y'all don't owe me shit, that's facts. Y'all my family so Ima make sure y'all straight regardless." I kissed her. "I just wanna be 100 percent already."