28

Mamé's POV

"So, what you wanna tell me?" Jas asked as I played with the promise ring Yatta gave me a couple days ago, with my hands still under the table.

I sighed. "Well...."

Jas waited for me to finish as the waitress set our drinks down.

"Thank you." I smiled and began to drink my water.

Jas stared at me with a blank expression on her face. "Just spill the beans."

I took a deep breath. "Okay, ima tell you."

"What's the tea, sis?" She drank some of her lemonade.

"Well, yo fine ass cousin gave me this promise ring." I showed it off like it was a wedding ring. He told me it was like a pre-engagement ring, since I told him I wanted to wait and get married once I'm out of school.

"Aw bitch! That's so fuckin cute!" She grabbed my hand as she looked at the ring. "Oo girl, that shit fat."

"Thank you!" I smiled and laughed as I looked down at it too

"But, I know that's not all you wanted to tell me." She drank more of her lemonade and looked up at me. "Wassup?"

I sighed again. "I'm pregnan-"

"WHAT?!" She started screaming and I looked around, feeling at little embarrassed since all eyes were on us.

"Bitch, pipe down!" I tried to hold in my laugh.

She took deep breaths. "My bad girl, I'm just so- Oh my God! I'm so happy for y'all." She came over to my side and hugged me.

"Thank you Jas, foreal. I just found out last week and you're the only person I've told."

"But you told Yatta, right? You better-"

"I did, I did." I cut her off and she nodded.

"Okay, good. But, aww! I feel special." She cheesed hard and flipped her hair over her shoulder.

I laughed and shook my head.

"So, when you plan on telling your people?" She asked as our food was brought to us.

"Thank you." We thanked the waitress again and she smiled and nodded.

"No problem, enjoy."