24 #CLK

Yatta's POV

"Damn OG, it's been a while." I spoke to my father as he picked up the phone, getting situated.

"Who you tellin, son? How you holdin up?" He asked.

"I'm coolin." I spoke even though I was tripping today.

"I see you doing big shit, I'm proud of you." He smiled which caused me to smile.

"Thanks pops, I appreciate it." I replied.

"Your brother's proud of you too." He responded.

I nodded my head and tried not to think too much of Cork, even though I couldn't. Today is Cork's birthday and it's always been the hardest day for me. He would've been 23, but some fuck niggas had to cut his life short.

They all got smacked down by some of my niggas though. Same year, different month.

"Yeah." I mumbled as I shook my head.

"You gotta stay strong, Yatta. I know it's hard for you but you've been strong all your life, twin." He calls me his twin since I look so much like him and I'm his Jr.

"Ever since you was a younging, yo mama left, Cork passed and me always locked up. You been pulling through and making a way for yourself, by yourself. Shit, you been taking care of everybody, mayne. Even though you went through so much, you ain't never give up."

I nodded as I listened to him. "Preciate it."

"Nah, I appreciate you, Jr. Shit, you taking care of me while I'm inna pen. I was barely able to take care of you when you was comin up. I was fucking up, acting like a kid while raising one." He shook his head at himself. "Shit bout the only thing I taught you was how to hustle, fight and cook that white." We both chuckled.

"Son, you gotta promise me you won't be on the same shit, when you have a child of your own."

I nodded my head. "On my brother I won't. I swear won't, I couldn't." I spoke as I thought about when me and Mamé have a child of our own. I mean, she's the only woman I could imagine carrying my seed. I wouldn't be going out anywhere fooling around, if it ain't got shit to do with making money. Clean money.

He nodded. "Aight, now what y'all bout to be on?" He asked.

"Barbecue out at San Pablo park, the usual." I responded.

He nodded. "Aight, y'all have fun out there. You talk to yo mama?"

I scrunched up my face at the thought of her. "Who? Oh, you talking bout Jas mama?"

He smacked his lips. "Meiko, nigga."

"Forget her." I waved him off.

"That's still yo mama, boy. And Karl is her son." He spoke, saying Corks real name.

"But where has she been all these years? She only pop up when she wanna! Fuck allat, if she was my mother she'a be here right now, helping me get through all this." I spoke getting a little worked up.

"My fault, I was just asking. I didn't know if she called or anything."

"Shit, if she called it would only be for money or drugs." I shrugged. "She don't care bout me."

"She still loves you-"

"Don't say that, you ain't gotta lie to me, brah." I didn't want to talk about her anymore.

"I know she does, she just made the wrong decisions." He was still trying to defend her.

"You just saying that because she was your first love, moe. You know it ain't the truth." I shook my head.