1.1 Twenty Five Years Ago

Yodhin Ojha stepped down from his Carriage.

Standing in the direction of the gleaming sun edging over the Selvyn hill, he stretched his arms out and inhaled deep breath of fresh early morning air that blew softly in his face.  Last night was a total bliss, to have played a prominent part in the celebration of victory and today was going to be a phenomenal day in the history of Paramarashtra.

Currently, at the age of fifty-seven, with his tall and debonair personality, face strong and defined, dark eyebrows sloped together that brought out a serious yet delightful expression, he knew he was still a charmer. He couldn't help but benignly smirk at the young maids passing by him who were audibly letting out soft breathy sighs. The male workers were packed with today's special chores, yet they found it more important to get themselves interrupted and look at him in a resentful manner.

Yodhin Ojha, known as Rawat's most noble knight, descendant of the family to serve the royalty and the Carriage puller especially for the reigning king, stood right in front of the marble stairs and stared proudly at palace he dedicated himself to serve. The pleased smile turned into a smile of great gallantry, lightning his face to the maximum extent.  He was then distracted and forced to blink on hearing a nervous neigh. Turning his heels around, he gracefully walked a few steps ahead and gently caressed his milky white horse, attached to his carriage.

"Shh, calm down girl!" he whispered, "I know it's a big day and we are all excited. Just stay put."

 Dropping its head and ears hung on either side, the horse  nickered obliging to his touch.

 "You look real festive today."

 Yodhin looked sideways following the voice. He bend his head a little watching his newly appointed apprentice, a young twenty year old petite boy, walking towards him.

"Last night you were completely out of control," he continued saying before he stood beside the horse  

"Why shouldn't I be, Garg?" Yodhin said, "Isn't this the day we all have been waiting for?"

"Yes, of course," said Garg, running his hand through the horse's mane, "On this occasion of the Rawat and Sharad's reunite, and Shashi's captivation; anyone can predict the days ahead are going to be bright."

Yodhin smiled, his expression easily gave away the reply Garg could have been expecting.

A firecracker diffused and ignited up in the sky, showers of red glittering sparkles falling down as a confetti and then taking up the shape of a Dakshinpur's flag.

"Whoa!" exclaimed Garg, grinning appreciatively, "Impressive!"

"That should be a creation from my boy Kerenza," said Yodhin, "Genius, I must say."

Garg nodded, watching the elder knight's gleeful face, his red shining uniform on him waving with the slow warm wind. He cleared his throat before he said, "So Shashi is after all, ultimately defeated. Everyone is expecting him to be hanged in a few hours."

 Yodhin's smile drowned, an instant frown appeared on his face. "Where and when have you heard that?"

"There are rumors circulating in and around the kingdom, haven't you heard? I thought it is true. It also includes the change in the tradition that our Majesty introduced."  

"That can never happen. There is nothing that Majesty can possibly fail to inform me." said Yodhin, immediately, "You do not belong to Madhyakshetra anymore, boy. You are Rawat's proud knight now, and never forget the first rule here -We do not kill."

Garg swallowed, a corner of his mouth twitched. "So Shashi stays alive?"

"Yes," he replied sternly, "Death will be too easy for him. He needs to suffer, more and more."