14.1 Gate 3- A Sting in the Tail

"I am not coming with you!"

I clearly heard her shrill voice in my mind, but pretending as though I haven't suddenly gave me a sort of uncomfortable feeling of perplexity.

I turned around to glance at her, keeping my face straight. She had her head down and probably struggling with kind of a dilemma she wanted to share. I walked back and waited till she looked up at me.

"What's the matter?" I asked when she finally did look up, giving me a clean opportunity to read her expression under the silvery moon.

Her brows were arched, eyes shining with tears and glaring at me unblinking, her lips- narrow and thin. Anger was flashing directly in her face, but to me she looked incredibly cute and adorable.

This is how she looks when she's angry?

She signaled very speedily. "I don't want to come with you."

"Why not?" I asked, pursing my lips.

I hated to grin at her, at this situation. Something was genuinely bothering her and I needed to give my best to cool her anger. But I was helpless. She was just too innocent and charming to watch, that it had power to crack me up even when I was too tired to move a muscle of my little finger.

"Why are you doing this?" she asked, her signally harshly.

"Doing what?"

"This meaningless adventures?"

There she goes, just like I saw her.

I awkwardly cleared my throat, looking down and quickly framed an answer I thought that might suffice for her to know. "Because Doctor asked me to. It's a job."

"Only because Doctor asked you to? That's all?"

"Yes," I replied and shut my mouth, only to keenly see her angry face I had never seen before and might never see anytime soon.

Filled with frustration, she walked a few step away and then immediately returned only to stand a little closer to me. "You were almost about to fall off the bridge, weren't you?"

So she was definitely watching the show. Finding me hang down the wood log should have scared her, and that she couldn't continue stand there to watch me go through the challenge.

"Yes," I repeated.

"Will you please say something other than yes?" she signaled quickly and her voice raged in my mind making me blink.

"Okay, listen..."

"I can't!"

"I mean, look," I corrected, pressing my eyes and realizing my mistake, "The Fest of Vrindahina, is a festival to you, to us in our universe. But to these Constellia, which are our extension, they have been suffering since thousands of years during this fest. It's no festival here. And it is difficult to explain, but I was told that only I can give them their freedom."

"How? By winning this dangerous challenges?"

"There is someone I need to fight, and he is here in this universe. I can only get to fight him if I win all these challenges. I thought Leena told you everything, didn't she?"

She lifted her hands to signal but quickly dropped it. I watched her face change to hurt and it only served to make her comeliness more appealing.

"I understand that I forced you into this mess," I continued, "without even asking you. You really didn't deserve to..."

"I don't care about that!" She signaled, "I can even live in a dumpster."

I sniggered, folding my hands. "Then what do you care about?"