12.1 Gate 2- A Balancing Act

"That is how people get married in Paramarashtra?" I asked, folding my hands and biting my cheek to hold back my laughter.

A man placing Vrindahina flower in a woman's hair-a tradition followed to get hitched. Nazira just explained it to me how a tree was considered as a physical representation of a deity and its flower used as a main element in the marriages. All of this relevant information seemed to though an extension to Ashwant's theory- how people believed the deity Vrindahina was the one to create the Diamond and the Constellia Naag. Probably Kanya restraining herself to attack me whilst standing beneath the tree, was a significance of respect and gratitude she wanted to show towards the Deity.

"Yes," Nazira said, giving a faint nod and closely reading my expression, "Why is it so funny?"

"Er." I blinked unable to decide what to tell her. Should I have said-you people are weird, or, have you ever heard of exchanging rings? But I replied her in a mature manner, without hurting her feelings, now that I knew she was one of those extremely devoted towards her country kind of a person. "Paramarashtra follows unique typical culture, so..."

Despite of giving a decent answer, I felt she was still offended. She looked away from me seriously and then in a split second her face features softened. "She is waving at you." She signaled, her lips perking, fighting a smile.

I was so much involved listening to Nazira's detailed explanation that I totally forgot that I was in the middle of a job that has just begun. Watching Kanya wave at me, looked as if she wanted my attention rather than as a reminder to cross this Gate.

I had no reason to take Nazira's hand, needless to say, I wanted to. We were almost about to pass through the lights when it stuck to me, something that I wanted to do since the beginning of the challenge and now I finally gave in to my curiosity.

"Hold on," I said to Nazira but obviously, she didn't hear me. I had no other option but to forcefully stop her by holding her hand. "Wait," I said to her as she watched me questionably, before I turned around to talk to his Constellia, "Kanya, I want to know something...before I go. When was the last you met your master?"

Kanya's blushful face turned stony. She dropped her hand holding the rose slowly, and said without giggling anymore, "Never since the day Naag told me not to travel to Authentic Universe."

I never had heard anyone call that to our real world before and it took me not more than a blink of an eye to understand what she meant.

"Is there any reason you chose Tyrell Kissler as your master?" I asked, in a hope to seek any new information Doctor might have found unimportant to tell us, "Why him in particular? And is he any different?"

"There is no apparent reason," she said, "He was ten years old when I first spotted him and I hoped he would grow up as someone full of life, unlike the first two. My previous masters were never contented with the life they led. They weren't satisfied with the defined powers of the stone. They wanted more and they asked more from me, which never could have happened. I wish that doesn't happen this time."

"But it is happening, right?" I asked, desperate to hear an alternate answer.

"He never calls me. He doesn't need me. And it makes me to wonder if he is using his stone at all. He is definitely different."

The way Tyrell ruthlessly had blasted the academy and how casually he was able open the Gates- there was a certain apprehensiveness within me, that he was really into dark magic, or if his so called father was forcing him to practice it. And if it was any true, I so hoped for Pruthvi and Leena to see to it, that Jyran Kerenza paid.