6.1 Schedule For Departure

"I DON'T WANT TO TAKE HER WITH ME!"

"Hayden, please stop shouting, you are giving me a headache," whined Pruthvi, getting overly annoyed at my constant repetitive mantra.

I was actually extremely elated that I've finally come to know why I was given the name- The Fire of Vengeance. No matter how  strenuous and demanding the job was going to be, at least I was acquainted with the secret behind it. If I had to explain, I would have termed it as some nasty blunder the first Cornelian user had done, that was now passed down to me to resolve.

I was almost making my mind up with the fact that I just have to give my damndest to win over all the challenges, destroy the one who had killed my parents and to return to my friends as soon as possible. But taking her with me, and the two of us staying alone for the whole month- only imagining it was making me go crazy.

Immediately after we had walked out of Doctor's cabin, we made a plan on how to get more information regarding the challenges. And it was something we needed to do without any delay. Pruthvi was already too darn hungry and feeling a little restless, probably because of his own job. Only for his sake we decided to wait in his room till we had our lunch.

Leena, sitting in the chair, legs curled up like a cat, got immersed in her own thoughts. Pruthvi was checking out his SLR, toying with it, trying to focus its lens on some random things in his room. I, on the other hand was prowling all around the room, taking long steps, racing my brain for ideas to make Doctor's awful plan of taking her with me fail.

"I just can't believe Lithika is getting married," said Leena, suddenly, with slight tremulous voice, "I know we are not as close as real sisters but it is painful to know she didn't even try to inform me, I mean in a sisterly manner."

"That's what is painful?" said Pruthvi, rotating the shutter of the camera, "I think it is painful to get married at all."

"Hey..."

"Guys," I interrupted them, "May be we have something more important to discuss."

Leena scowled at her boyfriend and stood up placing her hand on her hips. "Okay Hayden, tell us, what is really bothering you?"

"I just don't want to..."

"Yeah, yeah we know, you don't want her to accompany you," said Leena waving her hands, "But tell us why."

I leaned down to match my height with hers and I told her exactly what was bothering me, at least something that I was free to tell them.

"Nazira is delicate," I exaggerated, pressing on each word, "she is delicate like a fragile China vase. If I touch her, she will break into tears, and I don't do well with delicate girls."

"Of course you do," she said, shrugging, "you do well with me."

Pruthvi  sniggered, pushing his camera away.

"What?" Leena asked.

"Tyrell once told me when you use your stone, you look like a superwoman wrestling with water. You ain't no delicate, my dear!"

"Yeah," she said, "remind me to kick Tyrell when we get to meet him."

Pruthvi's smile faded. They looked at each other for a moment. I then realized that I, standing with them inside the room, was probably making their own personal talks hinder.

Leena, brushing a strand of hair out of her face, turned towards me and resumed the topic. "So what do you want to do?"

"I don't know," I said, scratching my forehead, "I tried giving all kinds of excuses I could think of to make Doctor change his mind but he is too stubborn. You know what, I am sorry to say this, but Blythe is right. Doctor is a turning into a miserable old geezer."