30.2 Gate 11- Rake Over the Past

Author's note: To AnyaSharma97 Sriram_Gudimella vidhu25 joshidhawal kalyanipalle -This chapter is dedicated to you. I am pretty sure, you know why.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I stiffened. The smile on my face at once disappeared. I gaped at her, feeling a sharp breath leave my lungs with a shock, reminding my recklessness.

In these past few days, especially since the night we had danced, besides finding a way to win the challenges and her heart, nothing else had worried me. She had asked for time, and I gave it to her, to such an extent that I completely let it slip out of my mind. Thanks to her for reminding me today and thanks to her for keeping the promise she had made.

Feeling slightly apologetic, I held her wrist and gently pulled her closer. She stepped over without hesitation, but her face was still showing the nervousness. The day I meet Shaytan Rup wasn't far away. God-forsaken otherwise, but we were going to live in this parallel universe for tentatively two to three days. We were running out of time and I suspected if this reason was pressurizing her to finally reveal her possible dreaded past.

"Are you sure?" I asked, feeling my overwhelmed curiosity.

"I don't know," she whispered, her gaze straight on my lips and unwavering, finding difficult to look into my eyes. "But you were right, you do deserve to know about my...her past."

"Come here," I said, pulling her and we both sat down at the threshold facing each other. Getting closer, I wrapped both of my hands around her palm. "Talk to me about it, if you really want to. I just don't want you to be hard on yourself. Okay?"

She nodded. "I want to."

"Then talk to me."

She blinked to try and stay focused, her eyes already getting to shine. "Do you know about all the clans of Paramarashtra?" She asked.

I arched my brow, thinking about each one of them. "Yeah, I guess."

She swallowed. "Do you know about the Clan of Almourah?"

"Al...Almourah?" I asked shrinking my eyes, "No. I haven't heard about them before. Who are these people?"

She gulped. "They are no people. They are beasts, for real. Large, ugly and frightening, with two heart and two lives. They are the superiors in inventing and performing the dark magic. And they..." She gasped, slowly placing her other hand over her mouth.

"And they what?" I asked, feeling heart drumming hearing about this horrific clan I had no idea about.

"They f...feed on women."

My grip on her palm loosened, my mind suddenly blocked out. "What?"

She bent her head, squeezed her eyes until a tear rolled down and repeated, letting me hear the voice loud and clear. "They feed on women. They drink women's blood, right out of their veins. That is how they survive and perform magic."

I was appalled and that was a massive understatement. Every word I heard in my brain felt like a live wire, running down to convulse my body with a pulsating current.

"My God!" I exclaimed, with a choked voice. "You mean..."

"They tear apart woman's skin and seek pleasure out of her cry of pain," she said, now fluently, as if she wanted to speak her heart out. Tears continuously streamed leaving streaks on her face and I let it pour down. "But they make sure she is not dead because they want to hear her cry and they want to suck on her fresh blood...every day. No matter how old she is, no matter whose wife or daughter she is."