26.1 Gate 9-Tugged in a War

"Oh my goodness! It's beautiful!"

It wasn't Nazira, but me-  getting mesmerized and thoroughly captivated by this realm that Makara admired the most.

I cleared my throat, feeling the awkwardness in the tone of my voice that sounded too womanly. I glanced sideways at Nazira to see if she had read my lips or observed my expression finding another reason to tease me. But thankfully, right now, I was her last priority to pay any heed.

Frozen for a while, not even a blink. Her mouth opened and closed several times, trying to speak up but failed to frame words. Her eyebrows raised and her eyes completely wide, she seemed to have lost her composure.

I couldn't blame her for being too unrealistic. The realm was legit the best of all we had been through yet. Series of small, minute islands conjoined and dividing one large waterfall into tiny series of plunge falls flowing from between the islands. Sun rays radiating through the trees of Vrindahina grown in varied heights all over the rocky surface of this realm, with its golden flowers dropping off the branches, tumbling down to flow away with the slow-paced stream of water.

It wasn't only the golden hues of flowers, but the arch of numerous rainbows giving away colors to the rising mist at the foot of the falls, making the water sparkle and the complete sight glorious to behold. Despite the warm sultry weather, there was a sweet fragrance in the crisp air, a distinctive aroma of the holy flowers and wetted rocks.

Nazira and I had waited the whole night to see this beauty Makara had praised a lot-The realm of Vrishabha, the only Constellia who I have never met nor seen before.

I was still watching the waterfalls, but the back of my head was waiting to hear the voice of the praise or to atleast notice a change in the expression, but surprisingly even after waiting for quite some time, I heard nothing but the tedious sound of the pouring water in one common direction. 

She was utterly hypnotized.

"Nazira, are you okay?" I asked and tried to hold her hand but before I could, she held me by my palm getting too close, suddenly regaining consciousness.

"Oh my god! Look, look, look!" she yelled excitedly, shooting her hand up pointing at the other side of the island we were standing on.

I was more interested to look at her face glowing with happiness, but only to respect her enthusiasm, I carelessly turned my head aside.

It was a flock of enchanting sea green large peacocks, a few of them having their long tails open, together jumping from an island to the other. Nazira laughed suddenly and then I noticed the peacocks weren't alone, but the group of small, furry and skittish pure white rabbits running along with them. Some of them seemed to have diverted their paths and racing towards us, running away from beside our feet.

This was one lively realm- colorful and mystical. I wished she was here with us to watch this phenomenal beauty existing in the parallel universe.

I turned my head to completely face Nazira, who yet wasn't done admiring the rabbits passing through the sides of our feet. I was used to her jibber-jabber to such an extent that now her silence was becoming unbearable.

"So?" I asked.

"I really, really, really, really, really...."

"Short version, please."

"....really love peacocks."

"Hmm," I said, folding my hands, watching her widened eyes that twinkled with humor and delight. Her voice filled with certain awe and high spirited merriment that I hardly had ever heard. And therefore, I had a slight notion that if I questioned her a little bit more, maybe she'd say something that might mean to me.