16.2 Gate 4- Two strings to one's Bow

In the past two days, I did nothing other than sleeping like a baby.

There was this drug, as per the instructions that were written on the paper, that I had to take after every meal of the day. According to Doctor, it was required to strengthen my muscles and promote energy. But swallowing it down was the toughest thing ever. It burned my throat and left a bad taste in mouth-a strong bitter flavor that wouldn't drain away even after using gallons of mouthwash.

"I am sure it's not as horrible as Uilani De Blanc," teased Nazira, after my continuous nag about its taste, which I opposed. Her mock led us to have a friendly argument that went on for a while about how Uilani was or not the best drink in the world. And every sentence she made to state her opinion reminded me of my mom. Alcohol is injurious to health...blah blah blah!

The side effects of the drink- it made me feel too drowsy and lethargic after a few minutes of the syrup slid down my throat, way worse than the aftereffects of alcohol. It was supposed to give me strength, but I felt as if it was sucking away my ability to either stand or atleast to keep my eyes open. When Nazira gave me the look, the big glaring eyes with the power to make one explode, I finally accepted her offer to switch places to sleep. Every time I opened my eyes, it always felt heavy, like those of a drug addict. And as a matter of fact, I did not even realize until Nazira told me that I have been sleeping for a day and a half at a stretch.

"My god!" I cried, scandalized, "My next challenge is tomorrow?! Man, I just had one!"

"And you wanted to walk to Florida," she jested, although innocently but it did crack me up.

Although I usually had never snored while asleep, but my awaken conscience made me aware that sometimes I do make strange sounds. I was loud and droning. And if Nazira wasn't having this disability, she would have simply run away from me and never looked back.

I was tossing and turning in a vain attempt to either to wake up completely or to atleast have a sound sleep.  In about time I heard the incessant knock on the bedroom door that startled me and gave me instant goosebumps. I finally opened my eyes and jumped out of my bed immediately, before the crazy slamming could rip the door apart.

"Whoa! Easy," I exclaimed.

It was obvious to find Nazira standing at the other side, looking back as if to check on something that might have been chasing her. She was too scared to even realize that door was already opened and was about punch hard on my chest.

"Oh, sorry!" She signaled.  

"Is everything okay?"  I asked, watching her shivering and her forehead shining with beaded sweat.

"There is someone...something outside the door." She was signaling hurriedly and her voice in my mind was wavering, every word seemed cut short by fear.

"Who?"

"I don't know," she signaled, her eyes widened and shining, "It's a huge horse with a face of a man. I don't know what it is. And it's scary!"

Then I relaxed, sighing softly. With what she described it was none other than Dhanu.

"Don't worry," I said trying to hold her by her shoulders, but I didn't, "I think my challenge is up. What were you doing outside anyway?"

"I just went out to see... to have an inspiration to paint. But then that thing..."

"Okay, I get it. There is nothing to worry about. He is just a Constellia."

She nodded like a two-year-old, dropping her shoulders and wiping her forehead.

After knowing Nazira quite well, that how faint-hearted she was, I just couldn't help but mentally taunt the people of Dakshinpur. They were nothing but the most foolish, pretty ignorant crowd ever to even believe that she could be as dangerous as Zarina Khan.