19.1 Reconcile

"I am never traveling in a Carriage ever again," vented a frustrated Pruthvi, clenching his jaw. He stretched his stiff muscles and moaned. Every corner of his body felt not like his own anymore. "Why can't these people use automobiles, like the rest of the world does?"

"Rest of the world doesn't have a flying carpet. So be proud of what you have," said Leena, "I want Hardik to return to its usual self. We so need it now, right?"

Pruthvi took a long, deep breath. He wasn't in a situation to think of what he was required to do henceforth, now that their journey finally ended and had scarcely arrived at Sharad's palace. He squirmed in his corner dining chair trying to get his mind off his ravenous appetite. Eating nothing but the bread since the past three days, was more or less a torture. The delicious food provided in the academy had been in his head all day long. Its spaghetti made his burgers growl even tofu louder.

"Oh my god, where the hell is he?" Pruthvi shouted, unable to take it anymore.

"Right here!"

The recently discovered mer-man, Ashwant Veer, followed by a couple of maids, draped in matching scarlet colored saree, walked into the dining room carrying large trays. A rich aroma filled in the atmosphere and Pruthvi and Leena couldn't care less about what they were being served with, but it was chicken pasta, fried rice, and mashed potatoes. It was almost midnight here in Dakshinpur, and they were lucky to have Ashwant still working in the palace at this hour and to cook some real American food.

"Dig in!" he said, sitting across both of them, "you must be really drained from the long journey!"

King Aghasthya was supposed to join them but they did not think it was necessary to wait for him, especially Leena.

"Why didn't you attend the wedding?" she asked, setting her napkin.

"I cannot afford to leave Dakshinpur and my clan after what....", he abruptly stopped there and then continued, tilting his head looking straight at Pruthvi, "by the way, heard a lot about what happened at the Rang Mahal. Was it really our dear friend Tyrell?"

"Why would you say it's Tyrell?" Pruthvi asked, in a low voice, being unsure if Ashwant was aware of the truth or if he was just making it up.

"Don't act silly," said Ashwant, leaning back and folding his hands, his voice seemed slightly strained, "Apparently, rumors are dangerous than Comalica virus in Paramarashtra. They easily pass from door to door and infect people in a snap of fingers. And the one people are talking about has already reached Dakshinpur before you guys did."

"What else did you hear?" asked Pruthvi, looking down at his plate which was still half full and he was having no intention to give any explanation if he might have to until his stomach was satisfied.

"I know that rumors are making their way towards Panchayat," replied Ashwant, maintaining his patience, "and in nick of a time they will come to know that Rahu Kerenza is none other than a current generation Samagraha. You know what this means?"

"What?"

Ashwant's eyebrows bumped together in a scowl. "It means trouble...for Doctor and in turn for you guys. And just for keeping a good rapport with my father, King Aghasthya will have to officially give a reasonable explanation to them as well. It happened at the time when Prince of Narula Dynasty was getting married. This is bad, catastrophic bad."

"Where is Doctor anyway?" Leena asked, swallowing her food thickly and the stream of questions being put forth was even amusing Pruthvi, "Where has he disappeared to?"

"I think he is gone to Uttarameer," said Ashwant dryly.

"Uttarameer, again?!" said Pruthvi, pulling his glasses up, "Hasn't he just returned from there? What the hell is in that place he finds so interesting?"