We Don't Care What Them People Say

Y/n= your name

*Y/n's P.O.V*

When I finally got home from a bad day at school, I parked my car in the driveway and slowly made my way to the front door. Sighing, I unlocked the door, walking into the empty house. My parents were gone on a business trip, so no one was home.

As soon as I reached my room, I fell onto my bed and buried my face in the pillows, trying not to cry. It didn't take long before the tears started to flow down my face.

However, I was quickly interrupted when my phone started to ring, buzzing loudly against the wood of my nightstand.

I reluctantly rolled over and grabbed my phone, seeing that it was my boyfriend Shawn calling like he always did after school. I quickly accepted the call and brought the phone to my ear, hoping that I wouldn't sound as if I had been crying.

"Hey baby girl," Shawn greeted happily, his smile obvious even without seeing him.

"Hi Shawn," I answered, laying back on my bed.

"What's wrong?" he asked, sounding concerned.

"Nothing. I'm fine, don't worry," I lied.

"Y/n," he said seriously, "I know you and I know how you're like when you're sad. So please tell me what's on your mind."

"Okay, okay," I sighed, "I just had an awful and embarrassing day at school and I've been crying for a while."

Shawn was quiet for a couple of seconds and I could hear him moving around before he spoke again. "I'm coming over," he stated before I stopped him.

"Please, you really don't need to, Shawn," I pleaded, "I can't put all this stress on you. I know you're really stressed with your music career and everything. I don't want to be the whiny and complaining girlfriend."

"You won't stress me out. I want to be there for you when you need me, especially since I won't always be able to," Shawn insisted, "Plus I'm already in my car."

"Okay, fine," I gave in, "I love you."

"I love you too," he ended before hanging up.

When I heard my doorbell ring, I immediately ran downstairs and opened the door for Shawn, who stepped inside. After he took off his rain covered jacket, I ran into his arms, his warm body holding me tight. 

"Come on baby, let's go talk," Shawn said, kissing me gently on the forehead as he led the way into the living room.

I nodded slightly as more tears started to roll down my face. We sat on the couch facing each other.

"Please don't cry, darling," he whispered, taking my hand in his, "Just tell me what's been bothering you."

I let out a sob before speaking. " I just feel like I can't do anything. I'm not good at anything. You have your whole life planned out and I'm still wondering where to start."

Taking a breath, I continued, "I want to be able to sing, but I feel like I suck. I completely made a fool out of myself when I tried to in class today. I thought it was going to be the perfect moment, my time to shine, but my voice is crappy."

I wiped a tear off my cheek and sniffed, "So that's why I'm upset. I give up."

"You can't give up," Shawn said as I looked up at him, "You have to keep trying no matter what everyone says." He took my hands in his and smiled, "Your voice is beautiful. And if some people don't think so then forget about them because there's always going to be haters no matter how good you are. It worked for me well enough."

"We don't care what them people say!" we sang together, both now happy.

"Thank you, Shawn," I grinned as he hugged him, "I have no idea what I would do without you."

A/n: Well, that was my first imagine. Was that too short? Idk. I hope you enjoyed it even though it probably sucked. This one was really just based on something that happened to me a couple of months ago and when I wrote this and thought of Shawn, it really helped. Just shows how inspirational he is!

I will probably update tomorrow unless I am really motivated to do it today. Again, thank you if you are reading this!!! :) :)

Bye!!!

---Kaelan <3